MySpace, Facebook losing popularity......

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Mar 4, 2008.

1. S2007S

S2007S

And over the next 6-12 months facebook will be forgotten by many others..facebook will probably peak out soon and people will move else where. The networking sites are OVER HYPED, they aren't the same as they were just 2 years ago......growth is slowing and time spent on those sites are showing people are spending less time on them.

#31     Mar 9, 2008
  2. LOL, hardly. Facebook is very popular among college students, has been for years.

#32     Mar 20, 2008
  3. S2007S

S2007S

wait, wasnt facebook only available to college students? Then what happened, he sold out and opened it to anybody and everything, I wonder why....

The numbers on these social networking will continue to drop over the next 12 months, the popularity among these site is not the same as it used to be.

#33     Mar 20, 2008
  4. You're kidding me right? Wow. Zuckerberg opened it up because it would be stupid not to. He had the next biggest thing on his hands and he wasn't just going to keep it just for us college folk. Oh and the money was worth it too.

Also, have you ever been to a college campus recently? Most of the students that log into a campus computer here check their facebook at least once when not writing papers. It's synonymous with checking e-mail these days.

No offense, but you wouldn't understand if you weren't our age. I don't blame you.

#34     Mar 20, 2008
  5. You have to watch what kind of pics you post, your future employers do check to see these sites. If their are too many beer cans in your pics it might come back to haunt you. I just graduated and im over it, its a college thing. Plus every stalker and perv in the world uses it.

#35     Mar 20, 2008
  6. And it's even more hilarious you posted a news report from GRAND RAPIDS, my goodness. Not even a real college town.

#36     Mar 20, 2008
  7. Facebook and web 2.0 is not a bubble. Facebook is easily worth 15 billion, and its popularity and valuation will only continue to grow.

#37     Mar 20, 2008
  8. Have you ever considered that there is a whole world outside your college?

Facebook has no real income potential and is just a fad with one of the least profitable demographics. It's not even an original idea, let alone a great one.

The only reason why myspace or facebook have any traction is because insecure girls want attention and guys want to get laid in any way possible. Beyond that, there is nothing there.

#38     Mar 20, 2008
  9. Were you high when you wrote that? :p

#39     Mar 20, 2008
  10. S2007S

S2007S

facebook is NOT worth $15 Billion....stop it already....

reminds my of the hype back in 1999, Facebook is lucky to be worth more than $500 M

He should have sold the entire thing off at $1 Billion months ago when they were trying to make an offer for it, even back then that was paying too much.

web 2.0 is hype that will fade just like everything else on the web when something new comes around, both myspace and facebook are losing popularity. WEB 2.0 is slowly fading away.....

#40     Mar 20, 2008