My way of fighting the fed, I cannot sit still anymore

Discussion in 'Economics' started by PAPA ROACH, Mar 12, 2008.

1. The crux of the problem is that the banks have managed set up their risk as a poison-pill to the economy/country.

They can do outlandish risk-taking with a guarantee of a bailout because the crowd will carp on how letting them fail will be disastrous to jobs.

The politicians they have paid off have allowed them structure their betting this way, so it is now true.

So they bet big and all together. And if it collapses, devalue the currency and take the fix out of John Q Public's pocket.

There will be enough people screaming about lost jobs to let the game continue to the next round.

#41     Mar 12, 2008
  2. Companies can grow and expand from profits, profits is what makes company grow not more and more debt.

Debt is what makes companies weak, servicing debt boy what a stupid way to run a company, that’s what’s wrong with corporate America.

I really do think you’re a spokes person for the Fed.

#42     Mar 12, 2008
  3. Not sure if this is news to you, but every company in the entire world - even the couple of triple AAA rated ones GE, BRK-A, etc. etc, - use credit lines and debt every day of the week. A healthy company's cash account is 'breathing' as cash in coming into the company from revenues of goods sold and going out of the company via costs. Banks facilitate the differential with short/medium term credit. On top of that long term credit is used for longer term investments, expansion, research & development etc.

No company can work without credit.

#43     Mar 12, 2008
  4. And please tell me where do "new" companies and and "new" technologies get capital from in order to emerge and grow?

Have you ever thought of that?
    Guess not.

#44     Mar 12, 2008
  5. Appreciate the magnitude of the problem, What kind of statement is that.

I am the economy, I

#45     Mar 12, 2008
  6. plugger

plugger

No sense in continuing to post here. The inflation crowd and people hoping for widespread bank failures continue to rehash the same groundless arguments. Whatever you guys do, don't let the facts get in your way. For anyone who is interested in how this could play out, do some reading on Argentina in the 1990's and what happened to the middle class.

#46     Mar 12, 2008
  7. You are either a little kid that is extremely lonely and enjoys playing on the Internet, or you are being paid by the owners of this website to create "web-activity".

I vote the latter.
    That's why ET has become as devalued as the U.S. dollar.

#47     Mar 12, 2008
  8. Are you on drugs???
    Alan Greenspan was the one who created this problem in the FIRST place!

#48     Mar 12, 2008
  9. Oh boy here we go. I have had enough. I saved money to start my business, ever heard of that?

#49     Mar 12, 2008
  10. Japan, more like Japan.

#50     Mar 12, 2008