My view on the jack hershey method

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by ProgrammerGuy, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When I first got into the game I soon found the riots of jack hershey. Not knowing any better at the time I got caught up in the emotion and spent a week or so trying to learn what he taught.

I remember reading that jack hershey journal and a couple of other posts he wrote, and I don't know if I'm an idiot but I read over and over and didn't full understand really anything he was trying to say until I've come to realized that this guy just babbles on and on and on.

I remember that was a think about FTT. In the journal it said it would take a month to undertsand the concept. IMO, if it were explained in an efficient manner you could teach that concept in 1/10 of the time.

Oh dear lordy, if I had read all (3) journals front to back, I think I'd of shot myself.

2. Yeah, if you read that stuff your mind will get numb. That's part of "doing the work," though. When your mind is sufficiently numb you'll be ready to believe and won't ask inappropriate questions.

The recent volatility is killing them.

You've got to remember that Jack is an old-time equities trader and never knew about shorting until recently. I think what they were hoping for was to find out whether the equities method would work for futures, hoping to find some guinea pig traders to help them debug it.
    The equities method is a long-only bull market strategy and may work for that and no other reason, that is, it isn't that the method is anything new or good, it's that it goes long in a bull market (hard to mess-up that strategy).

3. ROFLMAO. The current volatility has created some of the best trading days since the dot-com bubble. If you think the system folds in this trading environment, then I hope your trading performs better than your deductive reasoning skills.

Have people attempting to learn the system struggled? Sure, but I suppose struggling traders remain endemic to only those individuals learning Hershey's system.

Sheesh.

It doesn't matter how many blotters are posted, how many traders profit or how often the trades get called in advance. Its the same old tune. "It cannot be done."

Gee. Never heard that before on this web site.

Jack didn't write the Journals. I did. Feel free to point out any of my posts (from any Journal) you find incomprehensible.

- Spydertrader

4. mde2004

mde2004

Simple question for ya, Have you consistently made money trading jack's method?

5. That's a prime example of the internet forum bullying tactics employed by this "gentleman."

6. nkhoi

nkhoi

Is the Pope Catholic?

7. Come out of your hole, spidie, and take a beating.

8. Simple answer - yes. More importantly, many people who have read through the material have made money as well.

- Spydertrader

9. Once again, like so many other examples throughout your posting career, your alligator mouth writes checks your chipmunk ass can't cash.

- Spydertrader

10. Jander

Jander

maybe you should give it a shot? What have you got to lose (gain) ?

#10     Aug 21, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.