My very personal Goldman Sachs buyback program

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ASusilovic, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Buying GS at 220.72.....target today 225.32....:p

2. Thanks for the heads up. I don't have enough cash left in my account to buy enough common stock outright, so I just shorted a bunch of at the money put contracts. Risk free $$$.

3. The two of you can start a Goldman Sachs ETF with an initial share price of $10. You could do the same with other "expensive" stocks, i.e. BRKA, BRKB, AAPL, GOOG et al. You'll become multi-billionaires!

4. I never understand that... I mean just buy a few shares if that's all you can afford....

And if you have less than $1000 then you shouldn't really be buying stocks anyway since the transaction costs and hassle of complicating your taxes aren't really worth it...

5. jbride12

jbride12

6. Thanx for counseling nazzdack ! The other day you mentioned foreign investors buying foreign stuff at market tops and sell out at bottoms, I bought some bond futures at the long end of the curve. Therefore I reallocated some profits out of Treasuries into stocks - bargain hunting if you want it call this way !

I undertook some single-stock valuation and what it says about GS is :

30-yr Treas. Yield = 4.69 %
    Last 4 Qtr EPS : 24.26
    Next 4 Qtr EPS : 22.65
    Average EPS Surprise : 82.45 %
    Sharpe Ratio 0.94

Model price : $227.28
    Optimistic model price : $225.13
    Conservative model price : $223.05

Optimal buy / Sell Levels :
    Buy if lower than $ 219.60
    Sell if higher than $ 244.25

As such I decided to buy GS at 220.72. (and as I promised - I to stick to my "trademark" ( you now what I am refering to ):)

7. Selling one part of my GS longs 240.37 :p

8. Sold the rest of my position at 249.07. Thanx BEN ! :p

9. I like PANIC days. So I must buy some GS shares ! Thank you Wall Street Journal ! :p

#10     Nov 2, 2007