My TWS controlled by a ghost?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by JSL_Capital, May 3, 2006.

1. For some reason when I open one of my accounts on TWS, the windows move ever so slightly on their own, and sometimes, minimized windows get re-maximized without my clicking on them and other times it's the scroll menus that move on their own. Might've had this problem for about 2-3 weeks or so (don't open it much since it's a long term account), I think after the particular update we had that caused quite a hoopla on this board. I've no spywares, the computer's just recently been bought (I use my old computer for browsing) and I don't have that problem when I open other accounts. And I've uninstalled/reinstalled the TWS, no change. Could someone from IB figure out what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance.

2. eagle

eagle

3. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Try unistalling and reinstalling Sun java.

4. I had a problem like this using TWS browser ona mac computer but it went away after rebooting

:p

5. jtmarlin

jtmarlin

no that's a hacker controlling your pc via remote host...:p

6. Lol quite plausible, but I'd think that if a hacker got a hold of my computer, he might be interested in doing something more than minimizing and maximizing my account windows :p .

7. Doesn't change anything but thanks for the suggestion.

Same for the reboot.

This hax0r must have some kind of uberhax :D .

But back to being serious, I suspect it might have something to do with packet loss or something of that sort.

8. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Change a different version of TWS and see if it still happens.

9. The problem seems to have been fixed after a round of java/tws un/reinstallation + reboot. It is no longer under the influence by the devil/hacker :D. Thanks guys for your help.

Regards and happy trading.