My turn now

Discussion in 'Trading' started by david666, Feb 11, 2011.

1. hajimow

hajimow

Oh boy this nonsense rally will end up ugly. Fox will come when all chickens are in the cage.

#41     Feb 16, 2011
  2. this is the exact reason im still short, we have had nothing bad horrible numbers come out, single housing still down, inflation high, retail sales down...there is nothing good coming out

#42     Feb 16, 2011
  3. hajimow

hajimow

Exactly. I see the inflation in gas, groceries, tax,... are you kidding me? Even Burger King's whopper 1 mea1 is up 20% in the last 2 years.:mad:

#43     Feb 16, 2011
  4. bkveen3

bkveen3

But what does that tell you about the market? That it is ignoring bad news. IMO when the market sells ignoring good news and buys ignoring bad news then that news is relatively unimportant compared to past news and future news. When I see a market ignoring news it gives me more conviction in direction, not less. At least you made a call and are sticking with it though. Just don't make too many.

#44     Feb 16, 2011
  5. Like ive said ive made two top calls, so if this fails its a good time to go long, even i might considering going long :p

#45     Feb 16, 2011
  6. circoloco

circoloco

I normally trade stocks in the scandinavian markets and only take position in the ES as a hedge overnight. But now im short ES @1330.

A move up like the S&P500 has done since september (stdeviation -+2, low volume etc) must end in a volatility breakout and a big pullback!? I had to go back to 1995 to find a similar move..

#46     Feb 16, 2011
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

market going up on good news is much better to short than market going up on bad news...

#47     Feb 16, 2011
  8. hajimow

hajimow

exactly. Today is a good day to short stocks that are weak and are going down.

#48     Feb 16, 2011
  9. xtk

xtk

covered 2 /es @ 1317. will look to reshort

#49     Feb 22, 2011
  10. update:

got to the top of my zone and now has fallen 27 points. Gave back all of its gains from the past weeks. So far looks good

#50     Feb 22, 2011