My turn now

Discussion in 'Trading' started by david666, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Day traders never care about tops or bottoms. If you are longer term trader, you should not care either, just wait a while to enter when the the sign is un-mistakable.

#11     Feb 11, 2011
  2. Risk to reward is about 4.5 to 1

#12     Feb 11, 2011
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

hilarious

#13     Feb 11, 2011

4. The only reason I'm shorting this without confirmation is because this setup has the strong possibility of just falling without a chance to enter like the flash crash

#14     Feb 11, 2011
  5. update:

doing some further analysis this weekend has showed me two things I missed earlier which strengthen my trade even more.

I am even more confident in this short.

Now I am not saying that it HAS to work, nothing is 100% in this business but id be very shocked if this trade didnt work. In the least a multi week correction

David

#15     Feb 13, 2011
  6. Samsara

Samsara

The risk involved here is that you've publicly committed yourself to the position and your sense of success is tied to your ability to predict.

When that happens, your psychology becomes the dominant variable. You might defend it in the face of ever-mounting losses.

#16     Feb 13, 2011
  7. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

You haven't posted one single fact that suggests this is a good trade. My observation is some of you are really good at posting "top calls" at precisely the moment a new leg up is extremely likely. That has to hurt the bottom line, you'll have a tough dilemma at your stop because you'll think its an even better short at 1360.

I'm really shocked at how bad the trading analysis is getting on this site. The one saving grace might be that you likely are in fact "retaildaytrader" or "FlyDown" and its just a few idiots posting the same moronic crap over and over again under multiple account names.

#17     Feb 13, 2011
  8. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

My sense is he'd never sell until 1400 given his psychology unless he gets a margin call. Assuming a short is good now ( which I don't believe ), it would be an even better short at 1360, 1380. Hitting 1400 might be painful wake up call though even the blindest permabear might understand 70-80 points out is a little steep.

#18     Feb 13, 2011
  9. xtk

xtk

i also am short eod friday. have some call options to bring the delta to reasonable level on the /es but I also share posters sentiment and like what i see.

When this drops, it will not be a % or 2. It will wipe out these "cultivated" pretty little gains for months back in short order.

also, enjoy the fact that i never post here so there is no basis for credibility nor discredibility to my statement :)

-T

#19     Feb 13, 2011
  10. risky63

risky63

pickin tops and bottoms is like pickin your nose......
    it usually takes multiple attempts to get that booger.
    wait for the actual turn and use flow to create a self fulfilling prophecy.

#20     Feb 13, 2011