My Trading Quest - Can I be Profitable in 90 Days?

Discussion in 'Journals' started by eRESULTS, Mar 17, 2020.

1. eRESULTS

eRESULTS

Hi Ouch1963,

If you have any comments or questions please post.
    Cheers
    Garry

#41     Mar 31, 2020
  2. Ouch1963

Ouch1963

Have you actually enrolled in a class yet? Are you going to have to change your trading platform, and / or are you going to learn a new one and keep trading on your existing platform?

#42     Mar 31, 2020
  3. eRESULTS

eRESULTS

Hi Ouch1963,

I am currently going through the process of choosing between the two contenders. Once I decide which one I will put to the test, then I will start at the beginning and walk through the course from the start to trading, and hope profitability.

I currently trade using Tradestation but I have used many of the other platforms including Ninjatrader. Both of the contenders use NT7.

Cheers
    Garry

#43     Mar 31, 2020
  4. eRESULTS

eRESULTS

schrohed,

Thanks for your post but please keep it to topic

Garry

#44     Mar 31, 2020
  5. Ouch1963

Ouch1963

Garry, when do you anticipate starting your class? I suppose you’ll let us know, why ultimately you choose the class you did.

#45     Apr 1, 2020
  6. eRESULTS

eRESULTS

Hi Ouch1963,

I just had a little more research to do. I just attended a Live Trading Room for one of the contenders.

Both of the contenders have advantages and disadvantages.

I am putting my notes together to write the next post which will explain why I make the choice I end up making.

Cheers
    Garry

#46     Apr 1, 2020
  7. Ouch1963

Ouch1963

I look forward to hear your thoughts / insights.

#47     Apr 1, 2020
  8. Ouch1963

Ouch1963

Lately, I’ve been focusing on price action, which is interesting in comparison to options and volatility. Very very different approaches.

#48     Apr 1, 2020
  9. Handle123

Handle123

Am betting you will not be profitable in 90 or 365 days if buying a course, wrong people buy them. Learning how to trade takes much time and difficult of finding a mentor to go over charts weekly/daily basis/phone calls/internet. When to enter is last on list of learning how, learning when NOT to enter viable signals means much more than taking good signals. People want a microwave system, learn something quick, but reality is this seldom happens after you spend your bucks. Scalping means learning a great deal more than long term trading, truly understanding support/resistance, "time" of where price is and where it must go in so many minutes, is price free falling and at what speed of price, is volume coming in or going out and how fast. Most courses are poorly constructed and if they were any good, they be charging 5-6 figures.

I stopped buying systems or courses years ago, don't remember the last book I bought on trading, all rehash either charting books or John Hill's stuff.

If I was to buy course, it be @bone, he been in industry very long time and he trades spreads. Not any good books on spreading I ever found.

Good luck to you.

#49     Apr 1, 2020
    Overnight likes this.
  10. eRESULTS

eRESULTS

Hi Handle123,

Thanks for your vote of confidence ... yes, it is a big ask but if I achieve it I will be coming to collect on the bet :)

I agree that when not to trade is very important and must be a major part of any system.

For this first challenge, I am only looking at Futures Trading courses.

It sounds like you have a lot of knowledge so I appreciate any input you have.

I am currently in the process of choosing between the two contenders. So the real fun will begin soon.

Cheers
    Garry

#50     Apr 1, 2020