My Trading Quest - Can I be Profitable in 90 Days?

Discussion in 'Journals' started by eRESULTS, Mar 17, 2020.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

This thread is a little confusing to me because I thought he stated he recently became funded by TopStep and the only way you can do that is if you're profitable.

Maybe he meant can he "still continue to be" profitable in 90 days of trading" ???

In chaotic market conditions...always best to stick with what works...not try new things.

wrbtrader

#21     Mar 19, 2020
  2. eRESULTS

eRESULTS

Thanks Karin

#22     Mar 19, 2020
  3. eRESULTS

eRESULTS

Toby,

Just to clarify for you, I am trading the funded account with my system.

This Challenge is a Quest to explore, test and learn from courses that are out in the market.

In this current world, it is important to sharpen your tools and be willing to explore, test and learn

Enjoy the journey
    Cheers
    Garry

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    #23     Mar 19, 2020
    Akhaldanos likes this.
  4. eRESULTS

eRESULTS

Hi wrbtrader,

Just to clarify for you, I am trading the funded account with my system. This Challenge is a Quest to explore, test and learn from courses that are out in the market.

In this current world, it is important to sharpen your tools and be willing to explore, test and learn

Cheers
    Garry

#24     Mar 19, 2020
  5. eRESULTS

eRESULTS

Researching trading courses can be difficult and time-consuming.

It is critical that you do your due diligence before spending your hard-earned dollars on any course.

How do you know if what a trading company is telling you, is truthful?

You need to ask plenty of questions.

Can you trust:

• Testimonials – some pay people to praise them in testimonials
    • That they trade a live account – some look like they trade but don’t!
    • Results – are they real? Some only record wins!
    • Videos – are they cherry-picking winning trades?
    • Do they keep changing the rules?
    • If you are in a losing run, do they say “everyone loses … you will be profitable in the long run”
    • If they do not have statistics for their setups?
    • Don’t follow their own rules
    • Won’t let you talk to their students or allow only hand-picked students
    • Won’t return emails promptly
    • the list goes on …
    I have noticed that a number of courses are being taught by people with questionable pasts. Just within 1 hour from where I live there are at least 5 trading course companies where the head trainer has either spent several years in jail, lost their financial license, banned from being a Director or had numerous complaints against them for false/misleading advertising.

I am not trying to scare you but trying to impress upon you the importance of doing proper due diligence. Also, it is not about holding someone’s past against them … it is just about being informed so you can make informed decisions.

My Approach:

• Learn as much about a company from the internet and personal contact with the company. It is amazing how much you can learn on the internet from complaints, reviews, past presentations, hidden results, documents, old and new videos and much more …
    • Participate in any activity they put on including webinars, live workshops, conferences, free courses, Live trading rooms, Facebook, etc
    • Ask questions of their students. Contact with these students can often be via the live events, Facebook or if all else fails then by asking for some names and contact details of students.
    • Ask questions of the trainers and ask for proof
    • Do not accept what anyone says ... trust but check
    • The Quality of Answers is a direct reflection of the Quality of the Questions

What am I looking for:

• Trust and Transparency
    • Are they trading what they teach, successfully?
    • Are their students achieving good results using the system?
    • I want to know that I can do it!
    • What is the Risk/Reward for the trading setups?
    • Some basic statistics eg: average win, average loss, winning percentage, average trade net profit, max consecutive losses, max drawdown, number of trades per day/week and how long have they been trading this system
    • What does their course cover and how is it delivered?
    • What is the initial cost and ongoing costs?

Remember, Do not accept what anyone says ... trust but check

Cheers
    Garry

#25     Mar 19, 2020
  6. qlai

qlai

I feel like watching a suspense movie where I already know that the reveal will be disappointing :)

#26     Mar 19, 2020
    TimtheEnchanter, Sekiyo and toby400 like this.
  7. eRESULTS

eRESULTS

Thanks for the wonderful support qlai!

#27     Mar 19, 2020
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You do not do that exploring and testing in chaotic market conditions with real money.

Yet, if you're only talking about backtesting and simulation trading...not a problem and good luck. By the way, congrats on getting funded by TopStep.

wrbtrader

#28     Mar 19, 2020
    eRESULTS likes this.
  9. eRESULTS

eRESULTS

Hi wrbtrader,

You are exactly right. You can study, backtest and market replay to refine your trading plan.

At present, Topstep have stopped all funded trading until the volatility has reduced.

interesting some of the other companies have not stopped the funded accounts from trading.

Cheers
    Garry

#29     Mar 19, 2020
  10. eRESULTS

eRESULTS

A Quick Update: I will be attending an all-day webinar on Saturday to gather more information in my development of a shortlist. Hopefully, by early next week, I will share my shortlist of courses.

Until then I would like to ask you:

Would you be happy with my goal of averaging $200 per day ($1000 PW) using 1 contract, in 90 days if you were doing this quest? If not, then please tell me why.

Your help is appreciated

Cheers
    Garry

#30     Mar 20, 2020