*** My Trading Plan ***

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by I Trade 4 Money, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Im trying to determine if you really want (or deserve :eek: ) useful input or if you already know this is doomed and just want to prove it.

If you say so, it is.
    Osorico :)

#21     Mar 25, 2007
  2. Yes, I want USEFUL input.

#22     Mar 25, 2007
  3. Pivot points, previous days highs and lows, highs and lows for the current day, fibonaci levels, are one of the few indicators I'll use to find my entry and exit points. Read " Mastering the Trade" to get a picture on how I'm going to trade. I'm also going to look heavily into Spydertrader's Jack Hershey Futures Trading Journal

#23     Mar 25, 2007
  4. dhpar

dhpar

ok - USEFUL advice: instead of pumping money into the market buy yourself a lollypop.:)

#24     Mar 25, 2007
  5. C'mon man. Let's be serious. I put a lot of effort and time into this trading plan. All I want is constructive criticism, not childish remarks.

#25     Mar 25, 2007
  6. Atleast be honest with yourself.

Because you dont a well defined and tested system then you are still in the research phase of developing a trading system.

It could take several months or even years to find a system that fits your personality and objectives.

After that you need to develop discipline to trade your system(s), this again will take months or years to master.

Then you can think about the trading plan and money management rules etc that will make you rich.

#26     Mar 25, 2007
  7. Thanks for your advice, much appreciated. The trading plan was intially created to help me with my discipline. Like I said, this trading plan is a work in progress. It's far from done.

#27     Mar 25, 2007
  8. dhpar

dhpar

and OP - you should read Businessman's advice from top down - not the other way round.
    In trading one of the biggest differences is between being brave and being stupid - most of successful traders learn it the hard way though - so go ahead as you wish...

#28     Mar 25, 2007
  9. Lets start at Level 1.0...

1 contract, 1 ES point = $50

Per the plan, stop loss for the day = $100

What kind of stop loss will you be putting on your very first trade?

What RT commish do you have? I ask because if you anticipate using a DAILY stop loss of 2 ES points you will likely be doing true scalping (1 to 3 ticks). But giving the benefit of doubt, I don't know what your (untested) setups are.

Ready to move on to Level 1.1?

#29     Mar 25, 2007
  10. 4.10 rt

#30     Mar 25, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.