my trading is s**t lately!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Maskone909, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Ni ce! what have you been trading?

#11     Sep 28, 2012
  2. You need to take the emotions out of it.

I don't know what you are working with $ wise or how much you are paying in commissions, so I can only share my experience.

I normally trade 500 and 1K blocks. When I am "off", I back down for a couple days to 50 shares and buy down 3 times before stopping out at my predetermined loss level. (initial 50, then 50, then 100, then 200). It's amazing how it works for me and restores confidence.

There is only 1 thing that is 100% in the market. A stock is going to go up... or down... this I know.

Good Luck and remember.. take the emotion out of it...

#12     Sep 28, 2012
  3. i was in the gym riding the bike at lunch turned on the tv and saw the s&p around 6 or 7 points down after watching the dow, nas, and s&p for 20 minutes i knew it would get near positive than drop because i watched this movie before. i did not think we would have that spike up at the end of the day for a few minutes but we did. i don't see the upside on a pure economic call. you have to be mad to be long here but if you need to make money the trend and fed is your friend. its like trading on faith to me though. you could be right next week and the s&p could be up 100 points. the market can do whatever it wants i learned that a long time ago.

#13     Sep 28, 2012
  4. yes, that is what I do. Long ago the old man gave me good advice, "When you are losing, walk across the street, buy a bottle of whiskey and get drunk."

And that is what I have been doing the last two days.

The system that works for me is, drink whiskey when you are losing and smoke pot when you are winning.

otherwise, you should have known a 100% gain in two months is unsustainable. If it were not so, they would be interviewing you instead of Warren Buffet.

5 trades in a row? It takes about 50 losing trades in a row before I even get started.

But I appreciate the bitching. That's what I do, even when I'm winning.

#14     Sep 28, 2012
  5. C'mon Bob adapt or die :D :p

How can anyone trade this shite, 5 point ranges in ES mainly. I guess for those that no options selling premium? I know got to the 6E or CL yes they move. You have to start with volatility these days and work down.

Let's face it Bubble Ben rules the market no TA or anything else.

#15     Sep 28, 2012
  6. whats everything reallly worth... really..... you can't call the timing as to when it will realize how inflated it is.. you can only figure if it is generally.. why be long at market highs? not until i see real economic recovery... i personally think the market is ahead of itself.. but the market is the leading indicator.. i do think things are getting better.. but people have bought so much into it getting better that the "idea" of it getting better is way overstated....

#16     Sep 28, 2012
  7. You can try asking the market to adapt to you, of course, and see if that works. Maybe if you ask real nice.

#17     Sep 28, 2012
  8. what was that the man said? Oh yeah. "The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent."

#18     Sep 28, 2012
  9. Bob111

Bob111

i've tried to please market using this technique-
    [​IMG]

but i guess mr. market was disgusted by my old hairy ass performance..:p :p :p

#19     Sep 28, 2012
  10. or you could just be a drunk and a pothead with an addiction to trading haha. lets hope for endless weed days. i do agree that walking away is better than trading in a bad zone. it will save you a lot of money in the long run.

#20     Sep 29, 2012