My Trading Holy Grail

Discussion in 'Trading' started by fxwizard, Feb 21, 2019.

1. fxwizard

fxwizard

I finally did it... Took me 6 years to discover what I already had 6 years ago + a little change.

Anyone wants to know the holy grail secret to trading in picture form, here it is (I kid u not Lex Luther said in Superman III u can read the ingredients of a candy bar n discover secrets of the universe. So u can look at this animated GIF the same...)

[​IMG]

trader99 likes this.
  2. Nobert

Nobert

Hey,

maybe you can share how many trades per month you had on avarage ?

Congratz on breaking the matrix.

Thanks.

3. So you are Neo, and Trading is Agent Smith?

soulfire likes this.
  4. fxwizard

fxwizard

OK, so since I'm actually a nice guy, I'll throw out this freebie...

Pay close attention:

You notice this is a movie from 1998... Means if u got a strategy, and some guy back in 1998 can't execute that strategy with the tech he had back then, the strategy prob ain't it.

You not gonna believe, my strategy is actually based on MS-DOS... Yeah, we're living in 2019, and some guy from 1998 CAN replicate it!

(Remember in Terminator something I forget which one, John Conner finds a bunker/underground base and it was filled with rows of computers using old-fashioned CRT monitors? Genius I tells you... This y my strat based on MS-DOS --- but re-emulated in C# of course!!!)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  5. fxwizard

fxwizard

Some more bits that came to mind:

1. Imitate
    2. Emulate
    3. Innovate

They're actually not separate steps/phases everyone goes thru. I can safely say my final product/breakthrough contains all 3. In my code (which obviously I cannot share), you will see parts where I've imitated others, parts where I've emulated apps no longer made, parts where it's my own original ideas. But the take home message is --- they're present in the code ALL at the same time!

6. fxwizard

fxwizard

Spent the last 6 yrs revising my strategy. 3 days 5 days a complete new strategy unrecognizable from the last.

Alas, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Like most of you 90% of my time spent "back-testing" 10% actually trading. You guys will reach a point where you no longer need to "back-test" coz the one you found is IT!!! Me got 90% free time back coz I know my strat works be it yr 2035, 2019, or 1998... Only it took 6 years to achieve. Some will faster, some later, but everyone gets that "Aha moment" if they work at it.

Palindrome and jl1575 like this.
  7. Come on post some inconsequential code you pussy.

IAS_LLC and Palindrome like this.
  8. I like your confidence. It's nice to have a fully developed strategy and seeing it work in action. Best wishes!

Anton Misnik, gkishot and Palindrome like this.
  9. fan27

fan27

So how much actual money have you made from your "holy grail"?

cruisecontrol likes this.
  10. Makes a thread about discovering the holy grail but doesn't give any details whatsoever.
    Seems more like a self-promoting thread.

#10     Feb 21, 2019