My Trading Algo Live On Youtube.

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Rickshaw Man, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Seems to be a 10-20 second lag.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
    ET180, mervyn, tony.m and 1 other person like this.
  2. tony.m

tony.m

Live feed seems to be offline

3. mervyn

mervyn

it is on mute? ticks are moving I think.

4. ET180

ET180

Looks good. Does the algorithm consider only the instrument that it is trading or does it look at other things (possibly other instruments) besides the instrument to be traded?

5. "I have spent 10 years developing this strategy. Over 20,000 hours of screen time. Countless hours with programmers writing the code for this system."

If you spent so much time, effort and money developing this strategy, why are you not quietly just trading it and printing $$$$$$. Why are you showing it on youtube?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
  6. madein212

madein212

There's definitely a 21 second delay, better known as 'latency' on Youtube streams. It seems the only way to eliminate that is streaming through Webex which only makes sense if you have a paying audience.

7. madein212

madein212

I've always questioned that too! It really depends on the motive, but it's like putting a carrot on a stick to gauge interest from viewers to then convert them to subs. Or, he may just be talking about algorithmic trading in general and sharing his views on the technology. I wish the volume was up so I could get a better idea of what he was saying.

8. schizo

schizo

Sorry but what was the point of this video? It looks like 4 hours of nothing.