My trades

Discussion in 'Journals' started by optionsinvestor, Nov 14, 2017.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

Micron shares spike in after-hours trading after a deal with Intel

Liz Moyer
    Published 3 Hours Ago

Micron Technology shares spiked nearly 4 percent in after-hours trading after it announced a deal with Intel to make and ship the next generation of chips used in flash drives and digital cameras.

And then came news that Micron would buy back $10 billion in shares.

It was already a good day for Micron. Shares were up 3.9 percent for the day after the chipmaker raised expectations for its fiscal third quarter ending in May. It now expects sales in the quarter to be in the range of $7.7 billion to $7.8 billion, up from previous guidance set at $7.2 billion to $7.6 billion. The stock is up nearly 35 percent this year.

Intel shares reacted more modestly, up 0.24 percent in after-hours trading after climbing $1.5 percent on Monday.

#321     May 21, 2018
  2. Thanks vanz, all I saw was the $10B buy back. Didn't know INTC and MU had a deal on some chips. That's some big news for MU, and it means INTC has some demand.

#322     May 21, 2018
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

OI,
    Congratulations are in order here.
    I don't know if Baron puts journals in the Hall of Fame threads, but if he does, this one should certainly go there.

I have followed this journal since its inception last November.
    Every one of your trades was real and verifiable. Every one posted real time.
    Most took days/weeks to work out anyway... not like some journals here that are questionable intra-day scalps that need a timestamp.

You have turned $2000 into (after tomorrow) damn near $100,000 in 6 months.
    Its been an absolute amazing performance. I followed every trade from the bleachers. And we have had some severe market-wide pullbacks along the way... so its not like "everyone's a genius in a bull market". Far from it. I have learned much.

As Jefflavision said... this journal is the best.
    I wanna be the first to say congratulations (early) on the $100K mark.
    Unfrigginbelievable.
    This wasn't luck. You are truly... an "Elite Trader".
    .... All the best Mr OI. :fistbump:

#323     May 21, 2018
    dreturns, ironchef and Onra like this.
  4. I have to concur. Your trading has been a friggin work of art.

#324     May 22, 2018
    dreturns, vanzandt and samuel11 like this.
  5. Like they say in Paris, this guy is too damn fu.cking good! :)

#325     May 22, 2018
    dreturns and vanzandt like this.
  6. Thanks, I didn't there was a big following. I started this journal to keep track of my trades so I can see my mistakes. Ex. I saw a mistake just last month. I sold out of those UNH Jun 140 calls too early. Took a loss on the dip, looks like UNH shook me out of the trade. And so on this SQ position, I tried something different and shorted shares instead to see how things play out.

As for this morning, I closed out the MU Jun 50 calls, and kept the 55 calls. I want to see MU hit $60 before closing those out. I also took out the SQ Jun 50 calls. The volatility on SQ is staying elevated, and I can't hold that big a position on increased volatility. I'll hold the Jun 55 calls on SQ to see how this plays out in 2 weeks too. Still holding the rest of BZUN, and 20 AAPL Jun 185 calls. That AAPL position is the big loser right now showing -1800 in losses so far. I thought traders would push it to the $1T mark, but it doesn't look like it so far, and with Summer months coming it might not happen soon. I'll keep a close eye on that and exit if it falls farther. The gains on MU 50 calls were +6100, and SQ Jun 50 calls were +1353. Yea, I gave back about $2000 on this SQ position today.

#326     May 22, 2018
  7. ironchef

ironchef

According to most expert traders on ET, averaging down is for losers?

Anyway, I am beginning to see the logics of your trades. Thank you for sharing.

Regards,

#327     May 22, 2018
  8. ironchef

ironchef

:thumbsup:

Your win rate is no better than a coin toss. It is the asymmetric payouts, Buy1Sell2 will say your superior risk management skills carry the day.

However, the total gains do not add up to the gains you mentioned so you must have lots of unrealized?

Regards,

#328     May 22, 2018
  9. I was sitting on about +8K of SQ unrealized gains...of course that evaporated to just breakeven now on the 55 calls and the closed trades today we're included like the +1300 on SQ 50 calls and +6100 on MU 50 calls. I also have a loss on AAPL at about -2200 unrealized, and about +2100 on BZUN calls. Along with that I still have MU 55 calls and I'm sitting on +7K in unrealized gains on that one. I guess you can say I'm up to 24 winning trades with an avg of 2617, with that MU gain helping a lot, and 20 losses with an avg -988.

But you're right, the total unrealized right now is just under $14K as MU continues higher. Right now, I'm sitting at $91.8K. I definitely need SQ to bounce back and if AAPL can hit that $200 mark by June 15th, then I should be able to get above $100K. I'm considering adding more AAPL here just to hit that mark sooner. I'm also adding a few INTU calls ahead of earnings tonight. I like the expectations, but I'm going to play that one with more caution.

#329     May 22, 2018
  10. Market is expected to continue downward as Trump keeps up on his tougher trade talks. I've got a feeling this will be a long Summer. I was trying to reach that triple digit mark, but I'm not going to fight it. I'll evaluate the SQ and MU positions this week and lower risk on both. As for AAPL, it's not going to hit that $200 mark soon as the market continues lower. I'll take the loss there. Everything else I have is small potatoes compared to those 3. I've got about $31K in the market and that's just too high with uncertainty coming back into the market.

#330     May 23, 2018
    elitenapper likes this.