My trades

Discussion in 'Journals' started by optionsinvestor, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Those 4 CMG Jun 350 calls should pay off today. I had about $5500 in play on CMG and was riding on a good report from the new CEO. Looks like he nailed it and CMG is up to $380 in premarket this morning, even with revenues matching estimates. There's a good chance we see $400 in 2 weeks. I'm looking to nail 2 for 2 with INTC reporting tonight. If that happens, then this week should turn out to be another good week.

After locking in losses of -1270 the first 2 weeks of this quarter, I closed some of my oil positions last week along with NFLX calls that gave a +4800 gain. This week, I closed out the PSX calls for a solid gain, but took some heavier losses again and I was only able to lock in +750 so far. Still showing losses on ULTA, UNH, and this new NFLX weekly call position I added yesterday morning.

#281     Apr 26, 2018
  2. Avged out of those CMG Jun 350 calls at $46.41, this is the biggest locked in profits I've seen on a 2 day trade so far. I closed out the CMG calls for +12,994. I also closed out the NFLX 305 calls this morning locking in +1094. I'm up +14,791 for the week. These two trades have helped pushed my account higher to $57.2K. I've been struggling around the $30k for the past 2 months, but I'll say it takes one lucky trade to push it past those levels.

On this, I'm adding more into INTC calls today. I've 10 already, but I should end with 20 calls by end of day. Still holding ULTA, UNH, and those HESS calls. HESS is taking a hit today, and price action the past 3 days suggest that the rally might be done for now. UNH is the big loss for me showing unrealized loss of -540 right now while ULTA is at break even. I'm going to also take a look at MSFT. Shares could finally break above $95 if earnings come in strong again.

#282     Apr 26, 2018
    Onra and vanzandt like this.
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

You meant 2 hours. :D
    Great trade!!

#283     Apr 26, 2018
  4. Yea, screw me on that exit. I thought I was laughing to the bank. Looks like I got the short end. Those 350 calls jumped to $73 at last trade, and I got out at $46.

#284     Apr 26, 2018
  5. Added BIDU Apr 240 calls heading into earnings tonight. I'm going to add FSLR calls to by the end of day to play its earning report tonight also. I took a hit the last time around on FSLR, but that report last time was also very strong. Again, I should be able to weather these losses.

#285     Apr 26, 2018
  6. Got a bit more active today adding more earning trades into play. I have $1200 on FSLR calls and those are going to take a hit tomorrow morning. I might be looking at the entire position as a loss. I did get heavy on INTC this morning and ended the day with 20 of those INTC May 50 calls. If the price action holds above $57, this one should give me a nice pop of about +8K from my avg. entry price of 3.325. Nothing's for sure until I close out, but it is looking good at these levels.

I also have those BIDU 240 calls expiring tomorrow playing this one purely for earnings and that report will come out a bit later tonight.

#286     Apr 26, 2018
  7. Closed out of INTC, BIDU, and FSLR. I had expected a loss on FSLR following weaker guidance, but it turns out shares rallied at the open and I was able to lock in +366 in gains. The BIDU position was closed for a profit of +3624, and those 20 INTC calls were locked in for +4809. Overall, another solid day. I'll hold the remaining 3 positions (UNH, ULTA, and HES) into next week. Although I'm looking more for an exit on HES now if it can't hold these levels.

This week went by well. I was able to lock in profits of +23.5K this week and finished with the account at $67K with a bit of fluctuations from the 3 opened positions. In fact, UNH and ULTA are both higher and that has helped the account. Where I was at an unrealized loss of -1100 on UNH earlier this week, I'm only sitting at -400. I was at -500 on ULTA calls earlier this week, but ULTA has bounced back strong and I'm sitting at +1780 now.

The only other big tech earnings next week is AAPL, so there's not much going on next week. What I'll do now is protect the account while testing some of the small earning reports next week. The earning trend right now is to pick on stocks that had solid numbers in its last report, because those numbers are expected to be strong again and investors will jump back in only after they see the numbers. So if you can anticipate some of these potential reports, then the market is ripe for some big gains.

#287     Apr 27, 2018
    vanzandt, HurricaneUS and Onra like this.
  8. Impressive. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. However, one thing Is that strook me is that apparently you are playing mainly the upside potential of stock earnings. Am I correct? In positive case, are you playing in this way because you see in general a bullish market and therefore a higher probability to succeed?

#288     Apr 28, 2018
  9. I am more biased to the long side of this market right now as the market is still holding onto its bullish trend, although we are in more of a sideways move since the start of February. This quarter just matched the fact that investors have been selling a lot of these high flying stocks that are still producing strong eps and revenue results and guidance. For this reason, we're going to see a lot more gap highers if the earnings are strong compared to sell offs. A lot more of the sell offs occurred last quarter and many of these stronger stocks have reset. You'll see some of these well known stocks sell off this quarter too, but expect more of the wild gaps higher like CMG and BIDU. I mentioned those two because CMG is one of a rebounding stock where eps is coming back strong due to cost cutting and revenues are actually holding up now.

BIDU, on the other hand, has been solid in its report, but Trump's trade war has caused those shares to fall much lower than one would expect. I saw this in BA and CAT to some extent. Those two were just weak heading into their earning report. CAT made the mistake of some conference call wording and took the hit. BA said nothing of the sort and provided solid numbers that pushed those shares right back to $340 from lows in the $315s. CAT will get another chance next quarter, and I can easily bet that it will gap higher next time around only because eps and revenue will be strong again, and next time it won't put out some negative comments in its conference call. I'm looking right at BABA now, as it was also one that fell hard from $200 to about $160 recently on trade wars. I expect earnings to be strong and see BABA at least up to $190-$195 from its close of $177.

#289     Apr 28, 2018
  10. jl1575

jl1575

$2000 to $67000, double capital every month (compound), awesome!
    From $2000 to 1 million, only 9 months are needed in your rate of return.

Since you don't day trade, it is good you can keep your regular job and all other social activities.

More significantly, you show that retail trader can beat regular hedge funds by a big margin, for you can easily scale up to 1000 fold or more, as you can stack up a large volume in the time frame you trade, so no limitation to trade millions.
    You don't need algo, you don't need complicated IT support, and you can easily trade just on your tablet or smart phone.

And you smash the myth that people claim over and over again that to successfully trading to profits needs a large capital to start with. Everyone can find $2000 to start with. Question is HOW GOOD ARE YOUR STRATEGY!

You reported your trades live, that gives you credibility.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    #290     Apr 28, 2018
    treeman and vanzandt like this.