My trades room

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by jmoo, Feb 13, 2008.

1. jmoo

jmoo

Has anyone tried this service?

http://mytradesroom.com/

I have a two day free trial just curious what the feedback is. I haven't had a good experience yet in a pay trading room so I don't expect that to change.

I am in no way affiliated with the site... for all the cynics out there (I'm one so I get it)

2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I always wonder why it really matters what others think when you can do a trial yourself and make up your own mind. I think that might be part of the problem a lot of people in rooms have with making money in the market in the first place, they dont trust their own opinions and follow through on them with conviction unless someone agree's with them, at least that has been my experience. Take the trial, if you like it stay awhile, if you dont find it useful move on. There are, IMHO, some good rooms out there. Ivica, who has a journal here runs one of them on othernet that is I think $100 a month, well worth the money spent, Threei has realitytrader, which is as good of a place to learn as any, and is run by a successful trader. Toni Hansen is well known and respected and she has a free room on othernet. There are a ton of them out there, but in the end you have to make your own trades based upon what you feel comfortable with. If your going to rely on a room to give you trades, or get a second opinion on the trades you want to take, you have lost before you have even started.

3. "I think that might be part of the problem a lot of people in rooms have with making money in the market in the first place, they dont trust their own opinions and follow through on them with conviction unless someone agree's with them, at least that has been my experience"

Two thumbs up on that quote. The trader who will succeed
    does it by himself.

4. Fuckin A.

5. A "testimonials" link and no "track record" link is all you need to know about them

And when they say "our kind of trading is not conducive to track records" they COULD do archives of their calls, so that answer never washes.

Maybe 99 out of 100 vendors pushes a worthless product.

6. And in addition, there seems to be a fascination with free trials on many sites.

How can you tell something has longterm success with a several day trial? Anyone can look at a track record and pull out several good/bad days in a row. It is like the blind men and the elephant...

2-4 weeks minimum is a minimal track record, IMO