My trade for the next 5 years

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by bwolinsky, Dec 12, 2008.

1. 32.5% return since Dec. with a huge draw down in March? You're boasting about that? Many people have done that here in the last quarter.

#51     Sep 14, 2009
  2. the1

the1

I bought BAC and GE instead. Whoda Man? :D

#52     Sep 14, 2009
  3. Well, it's not like I didn't know it was risky. Another 4 years here might get you to $100.

#53     Sep 14, 2009
  4. That took balls of steel, at the same time? I was consulting with a client that wanted to make a multi-million dollar bet on financials, and I went with Citigroup over BAC because of solvency. Good thing we got tarp to support a zombie bank.

#54     Sep 14, 2009
  5. sso will only reflect the daily performance of the spx... the negative compounding effect on money will crush you if the market heads south for 3-6 months...better off holding a regular etf

#55     Sep 14, 2009
  6. I'm willing to acknowledge that, but part of what gave me the idea was a change in volatility. I tried to time it towards the lower end of the volatility, and I think if you look at a chart you'd see volatility did seem to diminish after the first four months. 2x leverage on margin is a bit expensive.

#56     Sep 14, 2009
  7. AAA30

AAA30

Smart'in up. If you know what you are doing you would just create a portfolio with a 2 beta and you would not have to worry about the negitive compounding BS or the margin expense. Before you say anything you can buy odd lots and make minimal adjustments along the way that would be very little work if you are looking for suck a large return.

#57     Sep 14, 2009