My thoughts in Visiting America - From A Canadian Prespective

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sikhinvestor, Jun 30, 2009.

1. This is because, if you're a sikh, you (probably) have a turban on. To most of America, terrorists are associated with turbans. Not saying it's right, but the TV is more popular than Jesus and his tolerance.

I don't have anything against you, but I've always found sikh traditions to be a little bit absurd. That isn't to say I wouldn't hang out with you, but it wouldn't make me a racist to think wearing a turban to please a higher entity borderlines on nuts -- at least as nuts as virgin birth or an ark with a pair of every animal.

#11     Jun 30, 2009
  2. the1

the1

If he/she drove down I-5 then the visit was most likely to California, which is not a true representation of America but the points that were brought up are fairly true overall. Racism is rampant in the US. It's really a shame considering the diversity of the country. People have migrated to the US from every corner of the globe and they still can't get past their racism. Every race in this country has a slang name attached to it. It's the human curse I suppose.

#12     Jun 30, 2009
  3. no, americans are fat, lazy, and generally stupid pretty much in every state.

#13     Jun 30, 2009
  4. #14     Jun 30, 2009
  5. the1

the1

Great Response! A+

#15     Jun 30, 2009
  6. the1

the1

Correct. Study the history of Hawaii. Before it fell under American influence it was one of the healthiest areas in the pacific. Presently, the same thing is happening to Asia. It won't be long before you find a 300 pound Asian on just about every street corner.

#16     Jun 30, 2009
  7. at least as nuts as virgin birth
    -----------------------------------

Excuse me for a moment, don't mean to get off topic, but virgin births are a dime a dozen in today's world.

#17     Jun 30, 2009
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

My thoughts in Visiting Canada - From an American Perspective

I've visited Van Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto, Quebec City and Kingston.

A) Winter weather SUCKS, unless of course you enjoy cold.

B)According to many locals practically every infraction is a $5,000 fine. (Personally I think they were exaggerating)

C) I didn't care too much for the beer.

D) On the plus side there were a bunch of young french speaking hotties, particularly in Quebec City.

E)There seems to be a disproportionate number of gay men.
    Two coworkers of mine were propositioned - and they're both married. ( with wedding bands )

F)They have fast food there too.

G)Cost of living seemed high.

H) The paper currency looks like monopoly money.

#18     Jun 30, 2009
  9. Darn right. Dunno why someone visits another country, and is suddenly an expert on the internal feelings and habits of 300 million people, from every country on the globe, every religion and almost every ideology imaginable. We are not a monoculture like Sweden or Japan.

Perhaps if I visited the Sikh areas of India, etc., I could also stereotype them. I personally have nothing against any other race or group. There are decent and bad people in every region.

This post was in very bad taste. "In my opinion, you guys are selfish, nothing like Canadians, although you are generally otherwise OK in my book." Maybe Canada needs one more export - an uninformed Sikh from the Province of Self-Righteous

#19     Jun 30, 2009
  10. Hold on a sec. You're comparing our beer, at 5% alcohol/volume (or more if you get Old Stock), with that watered down crapola you guys have down there? When we used to go down regularly, we would laugh at how much beer we needed to drink in order to get a buzz!

We have some of the best microbreweries in the world. You order a Creemore Springs the next time you're up here and tell me it isn't the best lager you've ever had.

You give anyone in the world a blindfolded taste test with Budweiser and a Blue. We'll win in a landslide!

: )

Kind of like what we find from the far right here on ET.

(btw, I don't think your comment was meant as a cheap shot - that was probably your honest opinion. Same here).

#20     Jun 30, 2009