My thesis on what happens next.........

Discussion in 'Economics' started by flytiger, Oct 8, 2008.

1. This is definitely true. People are hanging on to their cars much, much longer, and even forgoing basic maintenance.

I think Home Depot & Lowe's are going to see much rougher times, also, as housing won't recover anytime soon, people can't do any major home improvements as they can't or won't (even if they can) any more equity for such purposes from their homes...

#71     Feb 1, 2009
  2. Yep. I'm not doing some projects. I'm not putting 30 grand into a bathroom to get 10 back on the other side. It'll be cheaper to sell this place, and move up. Then somebodies 50,000 bath I'll get for 15.

#72     Feb 1, 2009
  3. Do you seriously think women are that dumb?

There is already documented evidence that the divorce rate has already been falling sense the beginning of this recession.

Women may be much more spoiled than they use to be but that surely doesn't mean they are going to lose all financial stability and a house because their husband can't give them as many vacations as they want.

You thinking the divorce rate is going to increase in this recession would be like me saying that incomes will be going up even though historically incomes always fall in recessions.

No depth of thinking.

#73     Feb 1, 2009

4. just like the simple thinkers who thought the real estate boom would never end; the chicken littles see no end to this recession. i will never change their minds (although they are prolific writers; they are not intelligent). you guys can buy your ammo while i position myself for the recovery. continue scaring yourselves sleepless while i get your assets cheap.

#74     Feb 1, 2009
  5. Yeah, do us yourself a favor, before you go on your investment spree, lest you wind up all the poorer for it.

Ask yourself where new, stable, high wage employment will come from in the U.S.

If you don't or can't answer, you need to reassess your sunshine in a cup optimism.

#75     Feb 1, 2009
  6. i am not optimistic; all that i am aware of is of economic cycles. how come in all your rants and pasted links you never balance yourself with the historical facts regarding what drove us out of each recession in the past 35 years?

lastly, as stocktrader posts bullish nonsense with some loose facts ....how are you any different with all your pasted pessimism? when the economy roars back (housing recovery will get your stable employment) i will expect you to come here and admit what a crying pussy you actually are.

#76     Feb 2, 2009
  7. This is not a run of the mill recession. This is a culmination of theft, extortion, mon ey laundering, graft, incest...... it's all here in front of us . This is it. No bullshit. Use your head. This is about survival. The damage is on such a scale as to risk our economic survival. There is no bright spot. And Barry has shown his true colors, and done some pretty stupid stuff. Daschle??? Give me a break. The IRS will chase you and me for 5 grand, but Daschle just made an error. This is the straw. Arrogance, stupidity, mismanagement, and they think it's business as usual.

If there is any group as guilty as Wall St., it's DC.

#77     Feb 2, 2009