My theory that hft traders are scum, proved and documented

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock777, Mar 24, 2011.

1. EPrado

EPrado

Here's an idea. Quit scalping and do more of a swing trade. A lot of former scalpers I know adjusted and are doing great swing trading. Either change your ways/find new strategies, or get crushed by computers who are much faster....ergo...better scalpers.

Whining and crying about it isnt going to help your P/L.

#51     Mar 29, 2011
  2. EPrado

EPrado

Surf is that you? You are back huh? Damn......

Change or be changed...I like that.

#52     Mar 29, 2011
  3. EPrado

EPrado

Back when stocks traded in 1/8ths if you missed a bid you got filled an 1/8th lower. So if you think about it having slippage of 12 cents or so is really the same as things were before decimals. So is it really that bad?

If you really want to bitch about something bitch about going to decimals. I am sure 99% of this place will take your side of the argument. Going to decimals was a disaster.

#53     Mar 29, 2011
  4. drp7804

drp7804

Good links. Looks like the <a href="http://www.futuresindustry.org/ptg/academic-research.asp">academic research page</a> at futuresindustry.org has a few other good papers in addition to the one you linked above.

#54     Mar 30, 2011
  5. Bob111

Bob111

dunno what exactly they "ban"...spoofing is alive and doing very well.
    wanna change and quick fix? go back to where it was before this exchange\ECN's madness... shut down 30-40 ECN's,marketplaces,dark pools, etc and leave few,but very well regulated market centers. it will be more transparent, easier to control and regulate..idiots..

#56     May 1, 2011
  6. #57     May 1, 2011
  7. #58     May 14, 2011