My theory that hft traders are scum, proved and documented

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock777, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Then you should understand and adapt to the evolution of markets. Or die fighting them. Your call.

#21     Mar 24, 2011
  2. Bob111

Bob111

i'm trying to adapt(see size reduction example), but it's not what this thread is about. all i'm trying to say is that HFT is not as good,as they are presented in those papers. from my expirience reality is quite a bit different. that's all.

#22     Mar 24, 2011
  3. rew

rew

Well if most of the volume is just bots shuffling shares back and forth with other bots that means that most of the time the profits made by one bot are profits lost by another bot. If so, we can just stay above the fray and watch the HF traders feed off of each other. I am unconvinced that HFT has much impact on those whose trading time frame is well in excess of an hour. If the HF traders ruin your day trading strategy, well cry me a river. When did God say that you have a greater right to the profits that the HF traders are getting, when neither of you are doing much to improve the world?

#23     Mar 24, 2011
  4. rew is an idiot

but he/she/it is right about the last part

#24     Mar 24, 2011
  5. rew

rew

If you want to prove that your are not an idiot, you should give a good explanation about why I am an idiot.

#25     Mar 24, 2011
  6. emg

emg

Themis Trading? These guys are located in northern nj. quote from the blog:

-Since all HFT sees the same signal, they all do the same trades at the same time. They create their own momentum which generates profitable returns.

I will not be surprise, Good blog

#26     Mar 24, 2011
  7. Bob111

Bob111

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...ofit-drives-high-frequency-s-new-cowboys.html

#27     Mar 28, 2011
  8. Mav88

Mav88

be sure it is empirical proof, there must be an academic out there who published on 777

#28     Mar 29, 2011
  9. EPrado

EPrado

People are always bitching about something, especially when they are not making money trading. I am not a HFT, but have just adapted to deal with them. That's the problem with most losing traders....they whine and whine about everything else without doing any work on their end.

I guess the people who are bitching about HFT weren't around back in the days of The Nasdaq market makers. What those guys did made the HFT guys look like saints. I can only imagine what todays whiners would be doing back then....probably wetting their pants 100x worse.

#29     Mar 29, 2011
  10. Mav88

Mav88

At least HFT is a computer on an electronic platform. It is somewhat of a known.

People who bitch about that must not remember the things that would happen in trading pits to retail orders. Long ago I tried trading OJ futures via the pit, the things those guys would do with your market orders could only be described as financial rape.

#30     Mar 29, 2011