My take on the prop firm legislation

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by demoship, Mar 31, 2007.

1. What this thread is about i dont get either. But there are more mafia run firms out there iam sure. The sec will get who they should and leave the good ones alone. Seems like it became a money issue on this thread and there are points on both sides. What i think is wrong is advise a trader with low capital it can be done(make money) but very hard. Don't discourage.

#31     Apr 1, 2007
  2. squeeze22

squeeze22 Guest

Clear cut sign this has become tough. This post over a llc. At first llc was good for the trader with less funding. Then for buying power millions.

Isn't wall street a money game. What the hell happened.! And since when is a regulator stepping in bad? Unless your doing something shady is the only answer i see.

#32     Apr 1, 2007
  3. I do not understand the purpose of this thread unless someone has heard or knows SEC is planning something. If they do, please post the details and source. otherwise it seems people need something to do on a Sunday.

I do have some inside info that SEC Enforcement will use predator drones to kill anyone conducting a "hack, pump and dump." Why the hell do you think those guys in enforcement said, "We'll go anywhere in the World to stop this."

Their thinking: "Screw the legal process, just set up a command bunker in Enforcement and let us have a few missles"

As to needing $100k or $200k to start, I think what one needs most is a strategy that makes use of an edge over others. Leverage and low interest rates are but two of those edges.

I have backed traders with $0 capital who have made $250k plus their first year out of college. I wasn't going to let them lose much so it made sense to see if they could listen to the ideas and implement them, then improve upon them.

#33     Apr 1, 2007
  4. squeeze22

squeeze22 Guest

The sec has been on past posts here iam sure you can find it. I trade in a llc and you can work for someone, firm ,etc and make money. As far ast 250k in a year the only way to believe this if you can show me runs with the data. Or i can say same yea last year 750k with no money up.

Not calling you a liar but more believable if proof is shown.

#34     Apr 1, 2007
  5. Squeeze 22,

You are kind of calling me a liar, but I don't really care.

If you had a strategy that made that kind of money would you share it? I certainly have made the decision to stop doing so as I keep creating competitors.

There are people on ET who make "crazy money" as one of the young traders called it. I mean millions per month on average.

I'm happy now making a little (at least 25 k per mo) and living on a fixed income from my CD's .

It's just that my fixed income is "fixed" at a nice high level. Seems though the Cd income will never get quite to the trading income level.

This could be a whole new thread, but how much does one family need? My needs are simple--obnoxiously garish home, 3 cars incld jag and lexus....and a Hyundai (it has 2000 miles and is an 05), good food, good health, good family...and one mean ass bitch of a dog if you ever show up at my house. LOL!

My point was that this thread seemed to start with no new info.

#35     Apr 1, 2007
  6. best friend i'm calling you a liar.

#36     Apr 1, 2007
  7. squeeze22

squeeze22 Guest

Pretty much no new info but these days thats what has been posted. Rumor comes out but no confirm is what i mean as far as the 250k. Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see. Alot of conartist here that's all. As far as your lifestyle i don't believe it because you posted it. To be honest you may be one of the few who ever posted such detail about their life.

So lets see new post direction.

Is this guy telling the truth or not!

My vote HIS NOSE JUST GREW

Next?

#37     Apr 1, 2007
  8. squeeze22

squeeze22 Guest

Of course he is. Who would post that detail. And why did he get so defensive when i ask for the info

#38     Apr 1, 2007
  9. hedge,

Being a best friend makes it impossible for me to dis you as you have done to me.

I will not show up if you are suggesting a duel.

About what do you think I am lying? If I pdf'd my tax return to you, you would say it is fake, right?

Engaging you unbelievers is pretty good sport, but anything I showed you would not be believed.

You would say I spent all night just to create something to prove my lies to someone I have never met.

Anyway, seeing as how you aren't being nice, I will not let you borrow even the Hyundai.

#39     Apr 1, 2007
  10. Squeeze,

You "double posted", isn't this a technical foul? Oops i did too.

Your shot.

#40     Apr 1, 2007