My strategy to earn money with no risk.

Discussion in 'Options' started by _mas, Aug 25, 2005.

1. _mas

_mas

MajorUrsa: I think the book I've read was a good starting point on how to invest money. It set me on the right path.

And now i will read more in depth stuff.

And as I get more knowledge I will realize the risk vs reward and the odds and wont be sorry if i lose it all, since i will never invest more than i can afford to lose.

And im not going to invest all my money on shares. But also on internet marketing, and properties as well, which will further minimise the risks since I spread it out.

But before i start investing money I'm going to do some serios study for 2 years on all mentioned topics(got a dvd from a friend that has approximately 2000 hours of work, about investing.)

And i just download the products through dc++ and other recources. I would never buy jamies dvd set for 4000 dollar ^^

And I'm goig to work at the same time as I'm studying. So I will have some serios cash to invest when the time is right.

#31     Aug 26, 2005
  2. MTE

MTE

Now it's a book!? It was this incredible SYSTEM of renting out stocks only yesterday. What happened to the system? Or have they converted it into a book overnight!?:confused:

#32     Aug 26, 2005
  3. Choad

Choad

Okay. It doesn't sound like you are a spammer and if these books and materiels lead to a happier and more financially secure life, then that's wonderful.

What I find disagreeable is their hyped-up snake oil ads that imply that these methods are dark secrets that few know, and they will soon make you a millionaire. Any good book on options will go over every single one of these "secrets".

I do believe you can do well with options, but the "secret" for most retail traders IMHO is to approach it just like solid stock trading. IOW have a tested plan for all eventualities, think longer term, watch out for overleverage, diversify, study and re-study, etc...

Good luck to all.

C

#33     Aug 26, 2005
  4. _mas

_mas

MTE: the strategy on how to rent out shares is explained in the book.

And after hearing all your negative stuff about renting shares, i went to the 21stcenturyacademy forum, and told them about what you said, and they said that the techique to use to make renting shares a good system to earn money is trhough some strategies that can minimise the risks of the shares being exercised.

I'm a little bit confused. I'm going to learn the logic behind renting shares more thoroughly and learn the techniqie on how to minimize getting exercised and then see if it works and if it is worth it.

#34     Aug 26, 2005
  5. Don't mind me _mas - I visit ET mainly for entertainment purposes, since for most of the time I am watching the market as my computers autotrade SIFs. (Of course I have been known to take the occasional discretionary ES and NQ trades whilst drinking Jim Beam, Ricard pastis, or Chabot Armagnac) :D

Best of luck to you bro.

EQ.

#35     Aug 26, 2005
  6. _mas

_mas

Choad: I tottaly agree with you. They are really exaggerating.The techniques are widely known and they wont make you rich within a year as they state.

They should rephrase it to: This book will give you a basic knowledge about investing, and will inspire and motivate you to earn more moneya and will make you more happy since you will have a more positive outlook on life

After reading this book, you will have to do some further studies if you still want to make good money trhough investing.

#36     Aug 26, 2005
  7. MTE

MTE

I never sad that their proposed "renting" shares strategy is a bad strategy, they claim that it is a RISK-FREE strategy, which would make you an instant millionaire (you copied and posted that stuff yourself). This is total bullsh*t. Without risk there's no return, simple as that.

If you want to explore that strategy then go ahead no one is stopping you, I was just trying to point out that you should take all their statements with a grain of salt.

Anyways, good luck to you!:cool:

#37     Aug 26, 2005
  8. _mas

_mas

MTE: I agree with you, they are exaggerating a lot, and they seem desperate and do whatever it takes to maky you buy their products.

But since Jamies products make you more happy and since he is so good at convincing other people, a lot of people agree and are satisfied
    with their purchase even if it didn't promise you everything.

Not many business people can get away with stating things and then not deliver it, and still make the customer satisfied.

#38     Aug 26, 2005
  9. Choad

Choad

mas

I don't know exactly what their strategy is, but I suspect it is something like picking places to write puts, then how to roll, or sell calls on assigned shares.

Or maybe that old chestnut buying shares and doing cov calls on "rolling stocks:" "stocks move up and down in channels...just sell calls at the top and cover at the bottom, over and over..."

Seems so easy, huh? It isn't. There are many traps and adverse psych that will derail you. And it can wipe you out like many many retail and even very experienced pro traders and hedge funds.

Study this book, then slowly apply some of the strategies on a small portion of your account and see how you do:

LEAPS, by Harrison Roth

#39     Aug 26, 2005
  10. _mas

_mas

Choad: Yes, he advocates channeling and many other strategies, but I just skimmed it through and it seems like leaved many things on the table and to learn the details you would have to buy his dvd set for 4000 dollar

His book works like a teaser to buy his dvd set, thats why it's for free.

Choad: Or is selling calls against leaps a better strategy?

The strategy I;m going to utilize though is to invest money on maybe 100 different shares where the probability of the shares going up are 60.

And anyone who has studied probability know that I will get more shares going up than down. So if one share is going down, i will compensate that by having other shares going up. The average will be going up.

This is a time consuming method and there is still a risk, but you have minimised the risks. Imagine if you invest 400 000 dollar. You could make 10 000 dollar in one month.

#40     Aug 26, 2005