my story

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by mikeenday, May 22, 2011.

1. mikeenday

mikeenday Guest

it's so true.
    as for overtrading, I think as long as one knows when to *overtrade* for a valid reason, just do it, but don't form a habit.

I now check the account and quotes couple times a day only, and reviewing charts during weekends. And trying to spend more time with kid. And this was un-thinkable, I spent many night sleepless before, gazing at the screen waiting for the market opens......

As Jessie Livermore said before "millions come easier than hundreds did during the days of ignorance."

good trading to everyone, hope I can last 10 more years in this business and get very very solid.

#11     May 22, 2011
  2. mikeenday

mikeenday Guest

my wife actually is a very supportive person, typical communications like this:

1)
    Me: "I lost another 1k today..."
    Wife: "Ok."

2)
    Me: "honey! my acocunt up 5K today!!!"
    Wife:"Great! did you forget to buy the diapers for the kid?"

3)
    Me: "honey, I believe I can earn more money"
    Wife: "Ok then, we can buy a new beamer"

she actually never gives a shit about my trading. and this is very good indeed.

#12     May 22, 2011
  3. Oh yes she does.

You're just to blind to see it.

#13     May 23, 2011

4. You: "honey, I quit the day job"
    Wife: "YOU DID WHAT!?!?!?"

#14     May 23, 2011
  5. this is just one of the many reasons i will NEVER get married. actually there is one reason: someone is holding my family hostage and says "get married now or i will kill them dead". and even then i'd have to think about it lol.

#15     May 23, 2011
  6. Well done! :)

Are you focused on a few markets or do you track a lot of markets more like on an end of the day basis to find the best set-ups according to your criteria?

Thanks.

#16     May 23, 2011
  7. etile

etile

in trading, like poker, you can't expect to play every hand and be up. I find overtrading to be my single greatest factor of losses. Pick your spots and manage your downside.

Trading is not a business in the sense that you have to be making a trade all the time.

#17     May 23, 2011
  8. Yes, it can be true that you can't play all hands, but you can fold in proper time and then gain more

#18     Jun 7, 2011
  9. excellent real-life example, but not all so good finishes, and some can not stop ... it is the addiction of its kind...

#19     Jun 9, 2011