My Story- Lessons learned

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by acesup, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Randek

Randek

You probably made money in those years, but you're kidding yourself if you think anyone here believes you ran it up to $20million.

You probably used a few too many zeroes. You ran it up to only $200,000 and now have $400.

Actually, I doubt it. Your addiction to chronic posting and your obsession for online attention are signs that you probably never made any money before.

#11     Jan 1, 2006
  2. cvds16

cvds16

it could be true, (for example if he only shorted against rising stocks).
    I personally know a somewhat similar story that I won't write here in respect for the person involved in the story. (It does not have a happy end) This story sounds so crazy that I only tell it to people I know very well because otherwise they would just think I'm making it up.

#12     Jan 1, 2006
  3. Urkel

Urkel

Nice story. While you ET inspectors try to nimble every word of this guy away, you do dont believe it just take it for what its worth a story and try to gain some knowledge from the story.

One thing about this site that I like are the stories and it kind of kills the freakin thread when a thread becomes 10 pages long of people trying to prove that someone story is not true. You really think that it wasnt possible for traders to make millions using his strategy during the VOLATILE markets of the late 90's?

I mean I dont see this guy trying to sell anybody anything, chill out.

#13     Jan 1, 2006
  4. Shorts work best in a bullish market. Without a bullish market you can't get them to go far enough to give you a decent price.

John

#14     Jan 1, 2006
  5. Urkel, sir, does he not just admit right here that he did, in fact, end up "selling something to somebody"? Or did you miss that post?

#15     Jan 1, 2006
  6. Randek

Randek

If Urkel was intelligent, he wouldn't have made that post in the first place.

#16     Jan 1, 2006
  7. only idiots doubt.

#17     Jan 1, 2006
  8. Learner

Learner

No doubt he will lose his $400K even faster....:D

#18     Jan 1, 2006
  9. you want us to take some worth from the story before we determine if the story is credible? isnt that what preachers do?tell you to "just have faith".

#19     Jan 1, 2006
  10. "Quote from coolweb:

only idiots doubt."

many doubted your stories. seems they were correct.

#20     Jan 1, 2006