My stops won't go through

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Newbie11, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Newbie11

Newbie11

Hey guys,

I am a new day trader, only 1 week in and would appreciate any help I can get on this matter. I am trading using the Sterling Trader Pro platform. I have been having problems with setting stop orders and today I missed out on an .80 cent increase on a stock I was trading because my stop orders wouldn't work and I did not want to take on any risk without a stop loss set. I set my stop loss to -.05 below the ask that I bought it at and keep updating up to trail the price when it goes up. This works on the stocks I trade because they don't drop down 5 cents that fast so the stop wont be triggered to soon.

Anyways, I tried doing stops on BATS and found out that BATS does not allow stops. So I set my stops on EDGA and they worked for the most part but yesterday they stopped working and my stops kept getting canceled again. Today I used CBSX and have the same problem.

Now I don't know if this is an issue with sterling or what. Has anyone had this issue? I wont be trading until I figure this out so I can manage my risk.

Thanks for any info!