My SPY Swings

Discussion in 'Journals' started by NumberZ, Oct 3, 2021.

1. NumberZ

NumberZ

I'm now thinking maybe I shouldn't do either lol

#11     Oct 7, 2021
  2. NumberZ

NumberZ

Excellent! You have given much to look into and test for myself. Much appreciated!

#12     Oct 7, 2021
  3. NumberZ

NumberZ

Closed today +8.5 points

Will see what Monday looks like.

upload_2021-10-8_20-52-3.png

#13     Oct 8, 2021
    Math_Wiz likes this.
  4. NumberZ

NumberZ

I maybe should've mentioned that I am long only swing trader right now. I looked at SPY puts today but not really knowing what I'm doing there I decided against it. I have noticed the recent pattern where the SPY sells down into the monthly options expiration and I was looking at the October 15 440 puts. But also I started sim day trading today and it was too much to think about both. Then I went to work.

I will post when I make a new long trade.

#14     Oct 11, 2021
  5. NumberZ

NumberZ

My SPY swings trades have gone to dust. I started studying on day trading and it has been consuming me.

I exited last swing early. Not a problem. But then day trading distractions and I missed the new entry and about 40 points of rally. Problem.

I've been studying on options too. Combining day and very short term trading using SPY calls and puts.

Today looks like this.

upload_2021-11-23_17-32-19.png

Bought the puts this morning and took profits this afternoon. L1 short at 9:50 AM and then closed them on wedge reversal 1:45 PM. Using Brooks trading course.

Bought the two calls near the close. Expire tomorrow. Looking for a rally. Overnight or in morning after open.

I have a good track record swing trading SPY. I'd like to learn to use options to swing trade.

#15     Nov 23, 2021
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Is trading a 1DTE option really swing trading? Hrmm.

#16     Nov 23, 2021
  7. NumberZ

NumberZ

No

#17     Nov 23, 2021
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Well, I'm rooting for you, because I'm a perma-bull, heh.

#18     Nov 23, 2021
  9. NumberZ

NumberZ

Didn't get a gap up open. Bought three more calls near the lows and sold for what amounts ot a break even trade. Loss on the two calls from yesterday balanced by gain on the three cqalls bought lower today.

upload_2021-11-24_16-51-18.png

#19     Nov 24, 2021
  10. NumberZ

NumberZ

Bought 5 SPX 4750 calls for $0.30 near the close today. The daily chart triggered an H2 buy signal today when the SPX traded above and closed above yesterday's high. Friday maybe Santa comes to town?

upload_2021-11-24_16-53-9.png

Just a little more than I put down on a football game. If it makes me profit, great. If not, great.

#20     Nov 24, 2021