My SPM + SCT child

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by frostengine, Oct 23, 2008.

1. The last two did ... this one will too.

Then nkhoi is going to be crying in anguish. :p

#31     Oct 25, 2008
  2. Word to the wise, so I know you won't take it.

Throw out the Hershey stuff, it's just designed for human beings to think that they're smart, and the BOT won't really care.

Actually learn how to trade the SPM, real-time, by hand ... discretionary.

Learn how and why it works ... then try coding it.

#32     Oct 25, 2008
  3. As I have done with 2 other systems that I have gone live with or forward tested. I have created threads detailing the results.

I am thinking of possibly doing something similar with this one if there is any interest? I am also considering if I should just do a thread, or if I should put it up on collective2 to document the results in case "certain" people believe I am falsifying the success or failure.

Would there be any interest in showing it either on collective2 or just in a thread?

#33     Oct 25, 2008
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

[​IMG]

#34     Oct 26, 2008
  5. No worries, it won't. :D

Did you see those stats?

The worse bear market in history of the U.S. stock market and he can't even get the thing to show a profit on the short side. :eek:

frostengine is still seeking ...

#35     Oct 26, 2008
  6. Starting tomorrow I will be forward testing this strategy. Will not be trading it with real money yet, but will be observing how the strategy performs going forward.

If results appear to be in line in a few weeks, will trade it live.

To keep a record of how it does, it will be sending its buy and sell signals to collective2.

#36     Oct 26, 2008
  7. People are looking for method with rules, which can be interpreted . I never seen price reading method with clearly defined rules.
    I agree that price reading is the cornerstone of the trading but public wants THE SYSTEM.

#37     Oct 27, 2008
  8. The system took no trades today. Which is expected when it only trades around once every 4 days.

#38     Oct 27, 2008
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

what are you going to call your system, the satyr?

#39     Oct 27, 2008
  10. True SPM alone did great today, and has done great for about the past 3 months actually..

On top of that SPM has done good but not great for about the past year.

HOWEVER, further back than that when volatility was lower, SPM does not do that great. SPM by itself, (by itself i mean a trader who does not have other tools) is a losing method long term. Slippage and comission destroy it.

#40     Oct 27, 2008