My solution to Californias Budget crisis.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 20, 2009.

1. I think tuition is near $10k per year in UC & like $6k to$8k+ at the CSU... the CCs & JCs are much less.

The entry requirements at the UCs are not based solely upon grades, & SAT or ACT scores, but you are correct regarding D students. At UCLA, UCSD & UC Berkley, sometimes the "A" students don't get in - UCLA's admission guidelines are a little unique.... I would not be surprised if the acceptance level at these three schools is well under 10%.

#11     Jun 20, 2009
  2. For the prisons...if you are a violent offender you get 3 choices. Pay 50,000 dollars per year while you serve your time in prison if you have the cash. For this...you get to sit around and watch TV in your cell all day and basically live as a prisoner lives now. If you dont have that 50k per year, then you work for it hard labor. You cant be violent towards other inmates if you are busy working. You will be given quotas to meet so there will be no slacking off. You will work as hard as those banglashi factory workers that spend 17 hours per day sewing clothes for 17 cents per hour. Last choice...if you dont have the cash and you dont want to work, you get executed. And none of this 10 years on death row stuff....you get 1 week on death row to say goodbye to your loved ones.

Illegals are not the problem. Even if they were legal, they still get paid so little that they wouldnt pay taxes anyway.

#12     Jun 20, 2009
  3. I'm not saying you are stupid, but that is the most idiotic statement anyone has made here in a long time, & that's saying something. NO offense intended.

#13     Jun 20, 2009
  4. You know, there are some countries that the country pays for their education from kindergarten all the way to getting a PhD. The names of some of these countries are Libya, Cuba, and Argentina. Huh....i wonder why those countries are dumps then?

Guess i just blew your theory out of the water.

You have heard the saying "give a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime"

Well i say, give a man a fish everyday and he will never learn to fish. You give free education to everyone, they are going to take it, just to take it. They will not care if they pass exams one year or not, because they can just go again the next year. After all...its FREE. Give a man a fishing pole and say go teach yourself to fish...if you get hungry and want to learn the right way, you can pay me and i will teach you, but im not giving up my time fishing for free to people that dont want to learn.

#14     Jun 20, 2009
  5. I forgive you. I know people like you are brainwashed into thinking 'More money into education = smarter kids' But it seriously is not true. We spend more on education than anyone, but we dont have the brightest kids in the world do we? In fact, you find that the brightest kids in the US are not the ones that received public help. They are usually the ones that did everything for themselves. This is why all these 3rd world countries have smarter kids than us in math and science. In fact if you have ever been to the hospital, you show me how many of the doctors there are american born? More than half are from other countries. In fact...I dont remember the last time i had a white american born doctor. When i was a kid, i had a chinese pediatrician. Today, my doctor is mexican. Last time i went to the emergency room, the doctor was russian!

#15     Jun 20, 2009
  6. 1) Make drugs legal and tax them.

2) Change the law in CA so that people can't keep passing these stupid spending bills that are paid by bonds. Instead make it a requirement that any spending increase will have to be paid for by higher taxes so that if the people really want it, then they will pass it knowing they can afford it.

3) Have fight clubs that are taxed by the state, so that if people get pissed off at each other for example someone cuts someone else off in traffic instead of shooting each other, they can challenge each other to fight it out. That way money is not be wasted on police, ambulances, etc for stupid stuff.

4) Make hookers legal and tax them.

5) Raise taxes on smoking another 150% 1/2 paid by smokers and 1/2 by the companies, since smoking causes health care problems so this will make the smokers who want to kill themselves slowly pay for their own care.

7) Create new jobs of tax enforcers who will be able to collect these new taxes, and have 1 years sentence on anyone caught cheating on these new taxes where they will have to do hard labor. If they are women, there will be special location where the state can collect back taxes from them for performing their job.

8) Make illegal workers pay taxes for example, by the new tax enforcers showing up at construction sites. Any worker not willing to pay will be sent back to Mexico even if they did not come from Mexico, otherwise they will be free to go.

9) Reduce education spending by spending in smarter ways, for example the digital books is actually a great idea, however students who break them will have to pay for them. Spend money based on actual attendance at the school and allow students who don't want to learn to not show up to create an environment where kids who want to learn are able to learn.

10) Teach real skills in high school and college based on current needs by companies. Spend less on things that don't make money in the real world.

#16     Jun 20, 2009
  7. Just by these few statements i can tell that oraclewizard is an angry, non-smoking, white male that is a chronic masterbaiting, drug addict, that cant get a girlfriend.

#17     Jun 20, 2009
  8. the1

the1

Bingo!

#18     Jun 20, 2009
  9. dewton

dewton

the point of the free public education system is not only to teach, but to guide students... learning by yourself without a guide / mentor, while still a child, is only possible for child geniuses... and even geniuses can be lead astray, work for Citibank, and rob poor nations and submit these countries into debt slavery for the next 4,000 years.

put a 5th grader in the library without a mentor, and he isn't going to know WHAT or HOW to learn. he might spend the next year wasting his time on star trek novels, without even knowing he's wasting his time. yes, k-12 students need to be spoon fed, even forcefed, because they don't know whats good for them. they're not adults.

which brings me to my next point, argentina... libya... debt slavery... citibank... the game is heavily rigged financially against the population. we see entire nations submit into debt slavery with citibank, which is the biggest reason why countries like these are in the dumps. often times, the country tries to break free, only to have the leaders assassinated.

#19     Jun 20, 2009
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

My solution

Between all the illegals, limousine liberals and nut jobs. Would CA really be missed?

#20     Jun 20, 2009