My Simple CNBC Strategy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Casey30

Casey30

This is a ultra high risk/ultra high reward contest. If FRO is down due to the Special div and spin-off of shares. You need to make 10% every day to have a chance.

#31     Mar 6, 2007
  2. I only plan on holding stock for a day, make 10 percent great, then move on to something else. ITMN is down due to the fact they have halted trials. Is the stock really going to bounce on news like that, the following day?

Not trying to start an argument, just trying to understand the effect of news and gap downs/ups have on stocks.

#32     Mar 6, 2007
  3. Casey30

Casey30

I was just kidding before about not being risky enough....anyways...I am looking for stocks size down on the day for just this contest...I never trade like this.

#33     Mar 6, 2007
  4. I never trade like this, either.

This is gambling money.

But you need a royal flush to win the (25k in today's dollars) million dollar CNBC jackpot.

#34     Mar 6, 2007
  5. Samc

Samc

I just realized that you can only buy stocks in this contest!
    No shorting!

What a joke!

#35     Mar 6, 2007
  6. gnome

gnome

NEVER HAPPEN... if the money were individually titled, it would be too difficult for Congress to steal.

#36     Mar 6, 2007
  7. Casey30

Casey30

You actually get 100k upfront, then installment payments...not too bad.

#37     Mar 6, 2007
  8. Since I have no chance of winning, I'm trying to have fun with it and I want to try and get down to 0 before the last week!!!

It's kind of like Brewster's Millions :)

Any suggestions?

#38     Mar 6, 2007
  9. Follow Cramers picks! LOL

#39     Mar 6, 2007
  10. this contest is so ghey

does anyone think that can beat the hackersand cheaters? Cmon you will lose cause the game is rigged

#40     Mar 6, 2007