My screen shot for trading the futures (links work on this one)

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by stevieoh, Jul 23, 2002.

1. stevieoh

stevieoh

Something wrong with yahoo so I reposted after figuring out how to get the file size down for the links.

Ok, heres a screen shot of what I see and what I base my trades on. Note that all the charts time frames are 2 minute.
    http://www.ttrader.com/mycharts/display.php?p=4478&u=stevieoh&a=stevieoh's&id=15
    Upper left is the NQs, upper center is my single quotes, upper right is ES, Lower left is MSFT, lower center is DOW and lower left is the S&P cash premium ($EPREM.X)

In this chart, you might be able to see that with the BBs set at 8,2, I look to trade when price leaves the upper or lower band *and* seems to be changing direction. I like to confirm with the DOW, stochastics (set to 5,3,3) and its always nice if the NQs and the trin are all confirming. Most important of all is price, as all other indicators are only there for what they are worth. Note the inverse H&S at about 12:30 as well as the regular H&S at about 14:00. Patterns work in all time frames, when they work that is.
    http://www.ttrader.com/mycharts/display.php?p=4477&u=stevieoh&a=stevieoh's&id=15

2. nkhoi

nkhoi

look like you missing some of nice tools by using version 1.4 instead of 1.6beta.

3. stevieoh

stevieoh

Downloaded the new beta last night....lotta new bells for sure

4. I don't know how to do a screen shot, but man I have mine set up nice. Order entry at top, then pretty big chart with two studies below (3 if you count bb), then in lower left corner current fill price, then along bottom, backup quotes with time, and in lower right total funds in account.
    It's all on one page, I can do everything all day from just one screen.
    All I had to do was figure out how to use windows. I always wondered if they were good for anything.

5. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

Taking a screenshot is easy: Just press "Print" on your keyboard, that will generate a complete screenshot of your monitor. If you want to show only one window (the active one) press "Alt" + "Print".
    The screenshot is now stored in your clipboard. To store it on your harddisk, you need a program like Paint Shop Pro, MS Word .. etc. MS Paint will do the job too, but it will store .bmp files only. These are way to big and you can't upload them to Elitetrader.

So start your program now say, Corel Photopaint , click "new from clipboard", export in a format like .gif or .jpg and save to disk.

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

6. I think in the MS Paint, you could 'save as' .jpg , don't have to keep it in .bmp

You could also d/l some of those freewares/sharewares such as Snagit, Easy Screen Capture, ect..... Go to Tucows.com, make a search for screen capture, they have a bunch.

Cheers!!! :)

7. DaveN

DaveN

I've used HyperSnap for years (first the free version, then the paid upgrade), and I've been extremely happy with it. www.hyperionics.com

It's a small program, opens fast, and saves .GIFs, if you'd like.

I understand that SnagIt is an even more popular program because of its additional features like text conversion, but I've never used it.

8. nkhoi

nkhoi

that is torture way to do screen shot or any thing relate to picture manipulation, use snagit, 1 click do it all. http://snagit.com/

9. Hubert

Hubert

works great