My road to Heaven

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Evgeniy, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Evgeniy

Evgeniy

Forwardtest #03

Pic 39.png

#41     Jan 18, 2020
  2. Evgeniy

Evgeniy

Mincer 2020

As of January 1, 2020, my deposit was (excluding payment for the December data feed) 1054,30:
    Pic 43 AS 20200102.png
    With such a deposit, in order to balance risks, it is necessary to start with microcontracts.
    January 7th, I tried to trade MES systematically:
    Pic 41 MES 20200107 Summary.png
    Pic 40 MES 20200107 MAE.png
    Pic 44 AS 20200107.png
    MES commission is too high for system trading. And I decided to see scalping NQ and MNQ. After estimating and, since with such a deposit, the main task is to prevent drawdowns, I realized that the 2.5 tick MNQ commission is too high for scalping, and the NQ value does not allow trading relaxed, so I decided to scalp the NQ very carefully to increase the deposit by about 1.5 times.
    Pic 42 NQ #03 Summary.png
    Pic 42 NQ #03 MAE.png
    Pic 45 AS 20200117.png
    The task of the first stage is to carefully increase the deposit to ~ 2000 in order to simultaneously trade ES (Vintage) and scalp NQ. The only way I can see right now is by neatly scalping NQ. The second unverified option is the system trading of NQ and ES according to the “t” setup from the Vintage system, the backtest of which I will do now.

#42     Jan 20, 2020
    Billicare likes this.
  3. Evgeniy

Evgeniy

Forwardtest #04

Pic 46.png

#43     Jan 25, 2020
  4. Evgeniy

Evgeniy

Mincer #04

This week is only two days with real deals NQ. First MLK, and Thursday-Friday birthday. But a lot of research and demo-scalping NQ.

Pic 47.png

Pic 48.png

Pic 49.png

#44     Jan 25, 2020
    Billicare likes this.
  5. Evgeniy

Evgeniy

Forwardtest #05

Traditionally, the system tears the control of the market long-timeframe participants. The maximum drawdown was 88.3 ticks with a stock reserve of 102 ticks. I'll see what happens next. By the way, now is a good moment to start real trading on the Vintage system, but a deposit for it has not yet been formed.
    Pic 50.png

Pic 51.png

#45     Feb 2, 2020
  6. Evgeniy

Evgeniy

Mincer #05

I had a plan to carefully increase my account with scalping NQ in order to switch to Vintage trading later. For 10 days, I grew from $1054 to $1302 for 1-2 transactions per day. In parallel, every day I scalped a lot of NQ in a demo account, where there were crazy numbers of results. Everything was too calm and good - the real account is growing, I’m god for the demo, the participants in other journals are doing fine and I’m neatly sewing deals.

It was this “warm bath” situation and the concept of “neatness” that played a bad joke with me. Expressed in a psychological language, my internal state did not correspond to the environment of activity. I was too calm in an aggressive, risky environment. In terms of "human archetypes," I was a "magician", not a "warrior." "Mage" is preferred for monotonous system trading. For scalping, a "warrior" is needed. For scalping NQ with a deposit of $1200, the state of a “warrior” is doubly necessary. Despite the fact that I scalped well on a demo right now, I atrophied an important feature in myself - an instant reaction to a sudden risk.

On Wednesday, at one of the entrances I didn’t even have time to put a stop, as the market fell badly against me. Plus for a few seconds there was a datafeed delay. A surge of hormones and chemistry in the blood. A demo account does not give the main thing - the ability to make instant decisions and actions in conditions of large negative emotions. This is a skill that must be constantly maintained in a functioning state. Like a physical form. With my neat scalping and systematic approach, I lost my real form. A few seconds of delay cost me several tens of percent of the deposit. I blew the account. The last time I blew the score so seriously six years ago.

And then everything is standard:
    - I'm cool on the demo, which means you can aggressively raise a deposit;
    - the total amount of the deposit is small, which means that it is not a pity;
    - NQ is too much leverage, which means we are switching to MNQ.
    Disco went. That's just always at such a time you forget that in a state of stress you change the assessment of reality. Those. on a demo, you analyze reality with a cold head and you have good beautiful trading. And in a real account with a hot head, you get a mixture of sober ratings with emotional desires.
    Of course, on this day I woke up:

Pic 52.png

So, on January 30, another reality began for me. Account $264.

NQ is not enough, only MNQ, where the commission is 2.5 times higher. Due to the very large commission, a very important limitation for scalping arose - I can’t go to 0 or +1 tick in an unpleasant situation, the commission will eat me up. I have to be doubly careful in choosing entry points. But I can’t do 2-3 super-sloppy deals a day - extremely low profitability. And I cannot be "sloppy" - the shoulder will kill me. I need to be very smart, very sober, very restrained, very resolute, very competent. Too much of the word "very", especially considering the 12-hour time difference in my time zone.

Firstly, the key difference between scalping MNQ from NQ - it doesn’t make sense for me to take 3-4 ticks. Minimum 5. This imposes severe restrictions on behavior. Strong headwind fees.

Secondly, you need to trade 1 MNQ contract in the database with another contract on a safety net. Trade and not think about the past, about the future, about future plans. Everything will be wrong and not even vice versa. Just trade gnawing cents from the market right here and now. Trading is very effective, adequately balancing risk. How many days it will take me before the transition from MNQ to NQ I don’t know, and it doesn’t matter. It is only important to be in the right psychological state at the right time in the right place and to take the right actions.

The practice of the last two days has shown - 42 transactions with one MNQ contract and 4 times connected the second contract:
    Pic 55.png

Pic 53.png

Pic 54.png

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    #46     Feb 2, 2020
    Billicare likes this.
  7. Did you lose 80% in a single trade on your live account?

#47     Feb 3, 2020
  8. Evgeniy

Evgeniy

Not. Please see the size of commission fees.

#48     Feb 3, 2020
  9. I consider fees and other trading costs as inseparable part of trade P&L.

#49     Feb 3, 2020
  10. Evgeniy

Evgeniy

Forwardtest #06

Pic 56.png

#50     Feb 9, 2020