My review of The complete guide to option selling book:

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by crgarcia, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Loki

Loki

James Cordier and Michael Gross make money on your commissions ! If I had a broker I would rather the broker take a cut on his performance and if I were to go with a professional CTA I would like to SEE HIS PERFORMANCE, something that he does not show. There is a lot of stuff on his website, but he forgot his performance.

I also looked on sites where CTAs are rated and I still see nothing about their firm or their performance. That's not good. If you find it please post a link.

The book was a great idea to get himself new clients.

The book is interesting to understand the logic behind selling options, but don't even think that you will find anything pratical or useful when it comes to strategic option selling.

#11     Nov 17, 2008
  2. You should NOT even try to get 100% profits.
    If you do, you are overpositioned, and overleveraged: the worst mistake when selling options.

Selling options must be a low-risk, moderate returns, high probability strategy (selling OTM options)

#12     Nov 17, 2008
  3. FreshAir

FreshAir

Well said CR - Bravo - Nice to see some people GET IT.

#13     Dec 23, 2008
  4. The book is actually ignorant and dangerous.

Why? Because it fails to even mention that the relationship of the different futures expirations of certain futures is not always linear i.e. there are different crop months and transitional months in some commodities and delivery constrains that do not affect all the traded months the same way. In addition some futures can go in backwardation.

If one sold Crude when it was in the $50 range, and stayed short and rolled, they have lost not $100 by the time Crude went to $150 but several x 100 because each front month expired $5-$10 over the next listed month. This of course is working the other way for the time being.

The above features of futures throw the accepted and widely used Black/Scholes pricing method in disarray.

Regards,

GC

#14     Dec 24, 2008