My result on a demo account

Discussion in 'Forex' started by epic767, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Try doing it again. Seriously, open another 6 or 10 demo accounts and try this approach again. And then again...

#21     Nov 17, 2005
  2. Deptrai

Deptrai

Epic, pressure changes everything. Since June 1995, I've seen people do well in their demo account, then get destroyed in their real account. A demo account will allow you to get your feet wet and test drive the trading platform without the pressure.

#22     Nov 17, 2005
  3. Don't be so sure of your apparent psychological advantage, it will change when the money is real.

It is the same as practice in any sport, for an example lets say soccer. Sure you may play awesome in practice with a couple team mates, but when you are playing infront of 50k people and against a strong team that beats 99% of the opposistion (Or, the Forex market) you will not play the same!

#23     Nov 17, 2005
  4. gnome

gnome

Paper Trading is only good to *disprove* concepts. Any positive sense should be taken as only "not negative".

#24     Nov 17, 2005
  5. epic767

epic767

Well you have no idea how my brain work. Im however going to risk 10 000 dollar that the currency pair USD/EUR will rise 0.85 to 1.01.

http://www.chartflow.com/chartserver/Images/GSA9F0.png

If it does, and I use 200:1 leverage, and then reinvest the profit. Im going to get a couple of million dollar. The only problem, is that the currency is zigzaging to much, and using 200 in leverage give you no room for error.

I think its a 85% chance that it will rise to 1.01 within one or two years. What do you guys think? And do you guys think its better to sell the currency when its dropping in value, and just ride it when its going up, or hold it all the time?

#25     Nov 17, 2005
  6. ^
    ||
    ||
    poste your trades there <---

#26     Nov 17, 2005
  7. Easier said than done.

(if you can do that you will be able to turn $300 into $$$$$$$$ within months)

#27     Nov 17, 2005
  8. John47

John47

i wish you good luck if you try this, but I'll caution you. Almost every person who started papertrading thought at one point "It can't be this easy, I'll be rich in no time!".

#28     Nov 17, 2005