My recent process of finding an edge.

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by TSGannGalt, Apr 1, 2007.

1. "to me this is not trading"

but, he is trading.

#11     Apr 1, 2007
  2. the market is a malfunctioning slot machine, thats why price moves and trys to find equilibrium based on impending future conditions.

#12     Apr 1, 2007
  3. 1. I'm not in a discussion with Spectre. I feel he's a bit too conclusive and lacks experience / knowledge from his posts on other threads and the one he wrote above. He's been missing points, alot and also in this thread.

Anyways, he's still off with his posts...

2. I used to be a discretionary day trader in a prop firm for quite some time. I'm not against tech. analysis or chart reading. Some talk like it's the only way of making money trading.

3. The system I mentioned above aren't the only systems I have running for the fund. It's only part of the portfolio but something different and interesting from what I usually do.

#13     Apr 1, 2007
  4. I've been told this long time ago. And I'll tell you now:

That's your problem. Not the markets.

#14     Apr 1, 2007
  5. I'll rephrase it for you:

That's what you think. Market doesn't.

#15     Apr 1, 2007
  6. for someone who says they are not in a discussion with me, you seem to be responding to me.

and your tone suggests your getting riled up.

stating your running a fund doesnt mean much either.

anyways, instead of saying someone is wrong about what they are stating, state the reasons why, and thats what this forum is for, to exchange ideas. I dont presume to know much, just what the market has taught me, I dont want to get into a pissing contest with you.

#16     Apr 1, 2007
  7. well anyways this is about what i deduced, that there were people both winning and losing, big and small, doing both types of trading.

its always interesting to hear about success stories though - gets my blood pumping! =)

#17     Apr 1, 2007
  8. i mean to hear about it first-hand though...

#19     Apr 1, 2007
  9. Great thread.

Are you suggesting that the market(s) are actually random when looked at from the micro level (has no logic, reason, valuation model, equilibrium, etc.) and an edge is primarily all about exploiting its inherent inefficiencies?

Thanks for taking the time.

Jimmy Jam

#20     Apr 1, 2007