My rant on short-selling, and government policies, and idiots (Sorry)

Discussion in 'Economics' started by whatthehellisit, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Good morning/afternoon/evening/night

I had a feeling that short-selling would be banned just a few days before it was. Once again the idiot politicians in the USA/UK are blaming speculators for their rubbish policies. This is what happens when 97% of money in circulation is credit. What next? A banning of selling in the futures markets? A ban on futures markets? Will I become unemployed as a result? What will I do?

Also in an unbelievable move, the neo-conservative US government federalise Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and AIG. It seems the neo-cons have reverted to their Trotsky roots! In the UK, Gordon Brown is no better. This is the same person who promised that the era of boom and bust was over.

I knew house prices would come down in the UK which is why I didn’t buy when everyone else turned into speculative lemmings. When I told friends not to get too excited because houses are just “bricks and mortar,” one actually said that “house prices would go up forever.”

All this bullshit just because people want to appear wealthier than they are by using OTT mortgages, credit cards, overdrafts, store cards, hire purchase (closed-end leasing), personal loans etc. My advice: If you can’t afford it don’t touch it because eventually you’ll have to pay for it one way or the other, unless ofcourse, you’re lucky enough to be bailed out by the Fed...

Warmest regards to all

Zak, UK

2. purple

purple

If our government had any control over itself, it would give credit to the mess where it is do. The Federal Reserve is;
    * Rothschild Banks of London and Berlin (Rothschild and world economy)
    * Lazard Brothers Bank of Paris
    * Israel Moses Sieff Banks of Italy
    * Warburg Bank of Hamburg, Germany and Amsterdam
    * Kuhn Loeb Bank of New York
    * Lehman Brothers Bank of New York
    * Goldman Sachs Bank of New York
    * Chase Manhattan Bank of New York (Controlled By the Rockefeller Family Tree)
    They made the mess and they are responsible for it. Let them settle the debt.
    We need to go back to the gold standard and print our own money backed by such. Kick the fed out of the United States. We dont control them they control you. We need our own currency and no more of their fiat money. The Constitution says only gold and silver will be money in the United States. Article2 Section 10. Our money has been junk and all that think this situation will get better are full of dun.
    How long will you continue to trade debt with people who write the rules as they go. Will you be one of the ones that cant quit the habit of being used. Get over your Stockholm Syndrome! Get them out of all markets.