My POLL thread asking if ZZZzzzzzzz is an asshole was deleted. Why?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Thunderdog, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. With all due respect you can go into chit chat and find several threads at the top that are anti-Arab and anti-semetic and probably more offensive than someone simply calling someone else an a$$hole. I dnot think you need to wait for a complaint to spot the obvious :D

#11     Sep 5, 2007
  2. I suppose it comes down to a not-so-delicate balance between quantity and quality. It seems that, insofar as short-term sponsor nutrition is concerned, quantity is king. However, keeping at least a casual eye on quality is probably essential to prevent the site from spiraling into an Elite Trailer. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just that Baron will then have to scurry to attract a different sponsorship. I suppose it's a yin yang thing.

#12     Sep 6, 2007
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

Like Stevo said..it be about the hits..and nothing brings on the hits like a good drama. Aint no one bring drama like our boy ZZZZisster...so unless Big T wants to pony up the difference it be a moot point.

#13     Sep 6, 2007
  4. I understand the economics behind ZZZzzzzzzz being too valuable to ban. However, that conclusion is quite independent of his being as asshole in the eyes of other members. I merely wanted to gauge that sentiment. Knowledge for its own sake, and all that. This is, after all, an institution of learning...right?

#14     Sep 6, 2007
  5. I’m not sure I totally agree. Don’t get me wrong, I do not think the Z’s comes off as a friendly, pleasant fella or anything remotely close, but I don’t think I’d consider him a total ________ (fill in the blank with whichever degrading term naturally rolls off your tongue) either. I think he tries, possibly too hard, to take his point to utter extremes in order to infuriate and create conflict among ETers. In effort to quench his thirst for argument, he overstates and angers the sensitive folks on ET. My question is what is the point of creating these X, Y and Z are ______ (fill in the blank with the same term from above or a synonym) threads? If you hate the guy so much, why not add him to your ignore list and stop feeding his appetite?

#15     Sep 6, 2007
  6. I would like to vote in this poll. Don't delete. It generates page views!!

#16     Sep 6, 2007
  7. lar

lar

He was one of the first (and few) who I put on ignore. I only see Zzzzzz's posts if someone else quotes him.

#17     Sep 7, 2007
  8. Hmm. You say that you don't regard ZZZzzzzzzz as a total ________, and then you go on to describe his conduct. However, it is this very conduct that defines him as the ________ that he is. I try not to succumb to using labels, but ZZZzzzzzzz is sufficiently unidimensional here in his conduct with others that the shoe fits. Like a glove.

However, your point regarding placing him on ignore is a useful reminder.

#18     Sep 7, 2007
  9. maxpi

maxpi

Exactly. I ask myself "can I go the rest of my life without ever seeing a Zzzzzzz ad infinitum ad nauseum post?". The answer is the same every time.. there is no ignore for the chats seemingly so I can't go there without expecting him to try to light everybody's hair on fire... I have worked with, I mean in close proximity, same room, daily basis, people like him.. Arrrrrggggghhhhhhh!! I cannot block the memories, nnhhhhoooooooooo :eek:

We used to kid the guys. One guy walks up to Ztype individual and says "you testing me boy??? Cause I'm about to fail". One Ztype was a drug dealer and harrasing his neighbors so they got him busted and we could hear the conversation between he and his buddy when they got bailed out. It was classic.

Ztype: "why did you sell to the undercover cop?"... his masochistic buddy: "how could I know he was a cop, he was a Mexican!!"

#19     Sep 7, 2007
  10. Strutter

Strutter

same goes for you man, nothing i can't live w/o

#20     Sep 7, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.