My Plan For Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Your imagination leaves much to be desired.

If you stretch your imagination much further, and throw in that Bush acted with impunity, invaded Canada, tortured and murdered his own people in the hundreds of thousands, solved prison overcrowding by lining up prisoners and arbitrarily had a set percentage of them executed without trial, used chemical weapons on his own people, harbored terrorists, gave rewards to terrorists who blew up his enemies, gave rewards and rank to Texans and persecuted everybody else, threatened to destroy France if given the opportunity, had programs to manufacture WMD to destroy France and/or its interests abroad, sucked the treasury dry and built palaces and White Houses all over the country, and let his children run amok torturing and murdering.....THEN you might make a comparison and ask if Americans would be happy to have France invade or not.

Until then, it's all prattle from the resident lozzzer troll...

#31     Jul 27, 2006
  2. WTF? People really shouldn't let their disdain for Bush's inept, corrupt ass cause them to lose focus on realities. The Islamic Jihadists are our enemy. That didn't start w/ Bush or even Israel. They invaded the West based on the same premises they are using now long before any current Western Nation did a damn thing to them.

#32     Jul 27, 2006
  3. Bali
    France
    Denmark
    Spain
    Germany
    Russia
    The Netherlands
    United Kingdom
    Thailand
    Indonesia
    United States

(and these are the only ones coming to mind at the moment)

all had violence initiated by Muslims

tells me enough......

vital statistics

Confucius: The superior man makes demands of himself, the inferior man makes demands of others.

#33     Jul 27, 2006
  4. I understand there is a lot of anger out there. Bickering and hate Bush rhetoric don't help anyone however. The fact is we have a situation in Iraq and we must deal with it. That means making the hard decisions.

The choices are (1) stay the course, (2) cut and run or (3) change our strategy. It seems to me option (3) is the only sensible solution, as the current plan is clearly not working and exposes our troops to a lot of danger for a very uncertain result. Pulling out now or in the foreseeable future is likewise unworkable, unless we want another Somalia sitting on top of the world's oil reserves.

My plan recognizes three very important facts that seem to have eluded Bush. One, the only reason we give a rat's ass about Iraq is its vast oil wealth gives it the resources to cause immense trouble if it falls into the wrong hands. Otherwise, it is just a larger version of Somalia. Two, a democratic government cannot function in the lawless, corrupt tribal society that is Iraq. Three, no government can function when there are rival militias running around conducting private wars, immune to any government control. See Lebanon for proof of this.

Bush seems to think we can outlast the insurgency, but that seems dubious to me. They can read the news and see that the Democrats are dying to label the whole venture a Republican-backed failure. They know if they can somehow pull off an attack that kills large numbers of Americans, the Democrats will win the insurgency for them by insisting on withdrawal. Frankly, I'd have a hard time explaining to a dead soldier's family why their sacrifice was warranted. To put an Iranian-backed Shia government that supports hezbollah or a Sunni-backed bunch of thugs in office?

Bush is beginning to look like the kind of weak leader who confuses stubborness with resolve. The latest "plan", to bring large numbers of troops into Baghdad to try to put a lid on the violence there, strikes me as exactly the wrong thing to do. Let the Iraqi government put its own troops there and keep order. Why expose our troops? What are they protecting, except the local politicians? Perhaps he fears some sort of coup, but that would actually be a blessing to us. It would give us an excuse to shut down the whole democracy experiment and impose order on the country.

#34     Jul 28, 2006
  5. Looking at your plan AAA I have a few comments

"Since it is apparent the administration is out of ideas, I offer my own plan to stabilize Iraq.

1. Tell the Kurds northern Iraq is theirs, provided they cool it in supporting insurgencies in Turkey. Encourage them to use their new-found oil wealth to destabilize Iran however. "

We cannot backstab our NATO ally like that. Even mentoioning this as an option would be terribly disconcerting to the Turks. Why not give Turkey the task of securing Northern Iraq?

"2. Redeploy our troops or bring in new ones if needed to secure the southern Iraq oil fields. Until such time as a stable and friendly Iraq emerges, we will manage those reserves in trust for the Iraqi people. Of course, as any trustee would do, we will take a cut for our own expenses."

A decent notion

"3. Put most of our remaining troops on the Syrian and Iranian borders. That will both cut down on infiltration and focus those countries attention on the downside of continuing to cause trouble. "

A fine notion

"4. Secure main roadways around the Baghdad airport and capital area by prohibiting general traffic on them and establishing wide buffer zones to inhibit planting of IED's."

A good notion

"5. Concentrate our use of force on the sectarian militias, such as the sadr brigades. Use massive airpower to destroy them, their mosques and the surrounding neighborhoods. "

I say let them fight it out, with certain advantages to the Sunni's

"6. Tell the new Iraqi government that they will hold office only to the extent they avoid corruption and control violence. "

I think the best solution is to find Saddam innocent and restore him to power. Short of that we need the Baathists back in control with warnings about messing with Israel.

"7. Arrest summarily any clerics who foment violence or insurrection."

For sure!

"8. Expel most of the press corp and make it clear to those who are allowed to remain that their presence in the country is a privilege, not a right, and they will be expelled if their dispatches are deemed unhelpful."

No, if it wasn't for the press being there we wouldn't know what a mess it was over there now. We would be subject to the lies that a proven liar tells.

"9. Tell the American people that Iraq is a focal point on the global war against islamofascism, and that these measures are necessary to achieve victory."

I'll buy it

#35     Jul 28, 2006
  6. bsmeter

bsmeter

Quote from AAAintheBeltway:

Of course the Turks would be upset but they forfeited any veto rights when they refused to let us use their territory during the invasion. They would not dare attack because, (1) they know that would prevent them from ever getting into the EU, (2) their military depends on big subsidies from NATO and (3) we would kick their ass big time and they know it.

ROTFLMAO!!! Buahhahahhahah. Here's what's going on IN REALITY, NOT IN YOUR LITTLE MAKE BELIEVE WORLD , as you post the above nonesense

http://www.kurdmedia.com/articles.asp?id=12119

Shiia militants occupy Kirkuk whilst Turkish-Iranian troops coming from other sides of Kurdistan’

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

KurdishMedia.com
    London (KurdishMedia.com) 26 April 2006: While the Turkish and Iranian troops are massing on the Southern Kurdistan’s borders and threatening to destabilise the Kurdish self-ruling region, a large number of Shi’i militants belonging to Mahdi Army of Muqtada al-Sadr and the Badr Brigade of SCIRI have moved to the Kurdish city of Kirkuk. Politicians aligned with both of these groups are major components of the Shi’i bloc that will again dominate the central government of Iraq.

The Turkish and Iranian regimes justify their recent military actions as part of an effort to pursue the PKK and PJAK. Meanwhile, the Shi’i militants in Kirkuk seemingly have no pretext for their presence in the province, thought they appear to be increasing pressure on the de facto state in Southern Kurdistan.

On what may appear to be an isolated incident, Iraq’s former Prime Minister, Dr. Ibrahim al-Ja’fari, a member of the Shi’i Islamist Da’wa Party, visited Turkey last February without backing or the knowledge of the Iraqi presidential council or the national assembly. Dr. Ja’fari met with the Turkish officials, including the Turkish Foreign Minister. He was not accompanied by Iraq’s Foreign Minister, Hoshyar Zebari, who is a Kurd and a high ranking member of the Kurdistan Democratic Party led by Kurdistan President Mas’ud Barzani. Furthermore, just before his visit, he brought Muqtada al-Sadr and his followers, a militantly anti-American group, into the United Iraqi Alliance, the dominant Shi’i list

You are certainly free to criticize any element of my plan, but the only meaningful way to criticize me is to produce a better plan. So, we have the current situation, which I assume we agree is going nowhere, we have my plan, which will lead to victory eventually, and we await your plan.

My solution is

First do what Reagan did. Withdraw all troops from the middle east. Then,

1) impeach Bush.

2) Locate every Masonic member of the church of Satan from Bush and Kerry on down and remove them from positions of power.

3) Investigate 9/11 and the CIA's role in it. Then Disband the CIA and Jail those involved in carrying out 9/11.

4) Sue Halliburton for war time profiteering and use those Billions to fund REAL alternative energy research.

5) Mandate an increase to 100mpg within 5 years for all gasoline automobiles

6) Give massive tax subsidies for putting solar cells on every roof.

Secondly,

1) Stop paying billions to Israel, Jordan, Egypt.

2) Stop unilateral support of Israel. ( Reagan was trying to implement that until they tried to assasinate him and he got scared)

3) Root out PNAC and IPAC from American politics.

#36     Jul 28, 2006
  7. bsmeter

bsmeter

Who the heck are these people anyway?

Here's part of a video explaining who they are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBVVs9hcmRY&mode=related&search=

#37     Jul 28, 2006
  8. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Yeah, figure out their role in 9/11 and then disband the CIA!!

Resurrect the ghost of Reagan (maybe Zzzz can help with this due to his supernatural powers and close relationships with the Divine) and get his firsthand account of how the Israelis tried to assassinate him!!

While you're at it, find out where Jimmy Hoffa is buried, who those other JFK shooters were (must have been CIA, of course), where the moon landing was staged, and where all the 9/11 passengers are at since they were never onboard the crashed airplanes...

ROFLMAO!!

#38     Jul 28, 2006
  9. Oh no they don't.

#39     Jul 28, 2006