My Plan For Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jul 27, 2006.

1. The truth is the truth. You cant run from it, you can't hide from it. The truth makes you stronger, lies weaken you. If their are truths that need to be said, say them. If it emboldens the enemy enough to poke their heads out of their ratholes then decapitate the son of a bitches. We do not ever need Neo-Nazi propaganda lies to mesmerize our slow witted neo-cons into sending other peoples kids to war.

#21     Jul 27, 2006
  2. Of course the Turks would be upset but they forfeited any veto rights when they refused to let us use their territory during the invasion. They would not dare attack because, (1) they know that would prevent them from ever getting into the EU, (2) their military depends on big subsidies from NATO and (3) we would kick their ass big time and they know it.

You are certainly free to criticize any element of my plan, but the only meaningful way to criticize me is to produce a better plan. So, we have the current situation, which I assume we agree is going nowhere, we have my plan, which will lead to victory eventually, and we await your plan.

#22     Jul 27, 2006
  3. Fair questions.

Victory has two dimensions. Part one is victory in Iraq, which I would define as a more or less functional government that is an ally in the war on islamofacism. Part two would be more complex, but would be characterized by the return of Iran to the community of civilized nations, the destruction of al qaeda and other terrorist groups and the cessation of islamofascist aggression.

#23     Jul 27, 2006
  4. Your plan misses the point entirely.

We have not, and are not winning the hearts and minds in the occupation of Iraq, and until that happens they will never be self sufficient and do what is necessary to unify and defend their own country.

Imagine for a moment, that the US is not a superior power.

Imagine France is the dominant power.

They invade the US and remove George Bush calling him an equivalent of Hitler, and they set up an occupation.

You think that would win the hearts and minds of Americans?

You think Americans would roll over and play along?

You think in three years a unified America in line with the France agenda wouldn't be self sufficient, such that France could remove their troops?

(Yes, you can make jokes because I have used France...I could have used China...doesn't matter. I used France because they were vocal about Bush.)

#24     Jul 27, 2006
  5. Finger pointing, the blame game and politicizing matters do nothing to unite us in the ongoing war to preserve our culture. We must focus on the future, not the past. Bush and his crowd will be gone from the scene soon enough, but this battle against islamofascism has the potential to last generations. We'd better put aside petty partisanship and get serious about it.

#25     Jul 27, 2006
  6. Total Bullshit.

We NEED to look to the past to figure out where we were wrong.

It takes a new seed to yield a new crop.

Waiting for 3 years for Bush to leave office is not a smart option for America.

Let's deal with the problem immediately, which requires honesty and examination of where we went wrong.

#26     Jul 27, 2006
  7. More bad planning will hurt our attempts to preserve our culture worse than petty partisanship. Bush should be impeached for lying us into a bad war and someone needs to take his place that has half a freakin clue about where to go from here. Wesley Clark possibly? Man we need a parliamentary system right now in the worse way. "W" would never pass a vote of confidence.

#27     Jul 27, 2006
  8. Doesn't every Bush speech already say that? 3 years later, what is your plan for the "Middle East Peace Process? I get it, Israel (funded by the USA) is dropping WMD on Lebannon now because they WANT peace. So all those bad terrorists will lay down their arms, give their country to Israel, and assimilate. That will bring world peace and mean that weapon makers can no longer profit from war. Yes, no more defence coutract for HAL, Raethon, Lockheed, because those in control want PEACE and are willing to risk their political funding by telling the arms makers to take a hike...yeah...

Victory? Like the victory in the War on Drugs? Victory how so, to make people think just like you? If iraq was so bad why after Gulf War 1 was sadddam left in power for almost a DECADE? Or did he get in the way of big oil interests all of a sudden?

Was Gulf war 1 considered a victory? Did the sanctions help and democractize the Iraqi people during those 10 years?

1-888-TRADEUP

#28     Jul 27, 2006
  9. Additionally, we can't win a global war on terrorism alone.

Bush has alienated so many around the world, they aren't going to lift a finger to help us right now.

#29     Jul 27, 2006
  10. ZZZ, the global war OF Terrorism is started by the West.

And the west will profit mightily. So many countries lying in ruins now, so many people suffering. Oh, I forgot, all because the West WANTS peace, the "middle east peace process".

Our bombs bring glorious freedom, people will throw flowers at out feet! Their children will sing song of praise.

#30     Jul 27, 2006