My PC just died, how do I bring it back?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by forsalenyc, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Though I've never used it, Macrium Reflect gets good reviews and has a free version.

As to the "clicking sound" of the HDD... as soon as you have even ONE hiccup or irregularity in the operation or sound of your drive, you should be looking to get the data off of it and replace ASAP. Not worth trying to "save" it.... not only not "worth" trying to save it, almost never works.

#11     Jan 20, 2012
  2. The pictures and videos you'll get off the harddrives should be payment enough :D Actually....I may have to charge you to have you help me!

And that's not to mention the privacy agreement you'll have to sign....the girlfriend will be really pissed when she finds those pictures on some website :eek:

Reminder to self....set-up that back-up system over the weekend.

#12     Jan 20, 2012
  3. "Girlfriend would be pissed"? Where can we see what she would be pissed about??

#13     Jan 20, 2012
  4. Sure, here is a link to give you some samples:

http://www......oh wait, market is moving now, better go trade now and finish the link later! :D

#14     Jan 20, 2012
  5. A few years back I switched most of my PC data to off-line storage. I put the data off-line on a LaCie 2big Quadra 2 TB 2-Disk RAID Hard Drive that runs about $300 from Amazon. With four RAID levels, it meets my storage needs, whether it’s for security, capacity, speed or a combination of these.

What is left on my main PC has only to do with trading and is fast and easy to back up to the LaCie Hard Drive using Acronis. The one recovery I had to do since I started using the LaCie took a quarter of the time as a full PC.
    :)

#15     Jan 20, 2012