My Payback to Ford Motor Co.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by flytiger, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Deserves to b e printed out.
    I'm going to sue them.

Report: Ford Motor Company

Category: Auto manufactures
    Ford Motor Company, Ford Contour Self-Destructing Wiring Recall with Odometer Expiration Rip-off Dearborn Michigan
    *UPDATE Ex-Employee responds ..Don't bother calling Ford Customer Service, worked there!
    Thank You

Ford Motor Company
    Phone: 800-392-3673
    Fax:

cacowner@customersupportctr.com
    Dearborn, Michigan, 48121
    U.S.A.
    Submitted: 12/19/2002 2:29:59 PM
    Modified: 11/6/2005 12:49:06 PM
    Reported By
    Jerry
    Austin, Arkansas

Ripoff Report Verified Safe

We bought a 1996 Ford Contour LX new. VIN 1FALP66L8TK164561.

It now has 118,000 miles on it. It had been running just fine when all of a sudden the transmission failed to shift causing the engine to run too fast which caused it to overheat!!! Even the speedometer quit working!

We finally determined the wiring harness has been disintegrating with the insulation becoming brittle which resulted in a direct short to ground. This in turn caused all the problems listed above (without any warning).

The wiring is so obviously defective, I went to the Ford Dealer and asked if Ford had a recall on the wiring. The dealer checked and said yes, Ford DID have such a recall (actually a warranty extension - which is their way of NOT HAVING to do anything). Unfortunately the recall (99M03) is limited to 10 years (OK that's understandable) or 100,000 miles. Are they kidding? - Nope! Even though the car is only 6 years old there are TOO MANY MILES ON THE WIRING HARNESSES TO BE COVERED BY THE RECALL!!!!!!!!!

How bad is it? If I buy the wiring harnesses, they alone will cost me up to $1,350 (no kidding) PLUS up to 7.7 hours of Dealer Labor to install them.

I called Ford's friendly Customer Service
    and they said in effect 'tough luck.' No, Ford will not do anything for me. I then said I wanted to talk to a Supervisor. Mathew Agent ID 2526 called me back and said the same thing - Ford will do nothing!!!

I asked Mathew for the name of someone higher up at Ford and was told I had gone as far as I could and he flat refused to give me the name of his or any other manager higher up at Ford.

If YOU have a 1995 - 1997 Ford Contour or Mystique get it over to your dealer RIGHT NOW and have it checked for the 99M03 Recall. If your dealer says you do not have a problem, DON'T TAKE HIS WORD FOR IT!!!

Get your magnifying glass out and start checking your wiring yourself (ask your dealer for a copy of 99M03 so you know what and where to check).

Was I Ripped Off by Ford Motor Company?

I think so.

What do YOU think???

Jerry
    Austin, Arkansas
    U.S.A.

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Ford and Ford Dealers

#41     Apr 4, 2009
  2. My love note to Ford. I have an 80 year old Mother, and I just think of all the old ladies around that these guys misuse because they are trusting souls. Sorta reminds me of Wall St., but without the heart.

99M03 Recall. never received it. Now, my 98 contour with 68,000 m is "worthless", so says the dealer. But swing by, and we'll get you into another one. We've got lots of cars under $10,000. Nice.

Please get me a copy of the recall. I am preparing a lawsuit.

You have to learn we aren't all a bunch of old ladies who can be jerked around like rag dolls. Your business practices are despicable.

#42     Apr 4, 2009
  3. I'll give 'em a shout right now. This looks like my best bet.

Thanks.

This is the best of ET. Thank you all.

We should start a "bitch thread".

If this doesn't work, I'm tearing the interior out, and building a trading station around it. Beautiful blue leather buckets. I'll put it in "pictures of your trading station" thread. Maybe I can put the old lady in the back and we'll play " Drive-In".

#44     Apr 4, 2009
  4. your time obviously ain't worth much :p

why you keep this POS so long anyway? I trade my junk in at LEAST every three years, or when that new vehicle smell wears off whichever cums first :cool:

#45     Apr 4, 2009
  5. Like i said, it's spring.:D

#46     Apr 4, 2009
  6. Do you trade in every 3 years your refrigerator? your house? your lawn? a Rolex?

If it looks and works decently, the only thing you are proving, is you like to throw away money - on new sales tax, re-registration, dealer fees, etc. etc. etc.

It only impresses the people who are not worth impressing.

#47     Apr 4, 2009
  7. This is going back a few years but NY has a lemon law and I'm sure I contacted some agency in charge of enforcing the lemon law, and they assigned me an abritrator, I don't recall it costing me anything for the arbritrator.

I'd suggest if your state (I think FL) if they have a lemon law, contact them.

#48     Apr 4, 2009
  8. nope, just wives and cars. do you give shit about a lawn mower :D

#49     Apr 4, 2009
  9. ps tigers can't fly. they lie around licking their balls :D

#50     Apr 4, 2009