My Payback to Ford Motor Co.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by flytiger, Mar 31, 2009.

1. do you think that maybe they are lowballing you... did you expect them to say 'c'mon in we'll give you a small fortune for your used vehicle many years dated with 70,000 hard miles??

you are way too gullible
    :D

#31     Apr 2, 2009
  2. I'm that way, too. Hate to see something that works get trashed.

What exactly is this car doing? Will it start and run at all? Why can't a mechanic strip a harness off a junk yard donor and install it? If there are multiple electrical problems stemming from this, your dealer may be right. They can be a nightmare to chase down. It could cost more to repair than the car is worth.

#32     Apr 3, 2009
  3. Eight

Eight

Go to Pick A Part, find the harness and swap it in... dang... I had an International Travelall, they quit making them in '75 and they made blessed few anyhow. 25 years later I could scour the junk yards and get a part. The yards have books that cross reference parts and cars, having a friend behind the counter can get you well on the road to finding parts... if the car is such a throwaway that means that the yards have a lot of them and used parts will abound.

I'm still sticking with my Camaro sleeper, hit the nox in that baby and you forget about things like Honda's.... give me a break, Fords... interiors falling apart, intermittent electronics problems... yeah right... you guys in your Hondas, don't tell me you don't feel like a traitor to the US for buying those econoboxes...

#33     Apr 3, 2009
  4. Post the part make, model, serial number and I, will while others may, search the junk yards for it. I live in Raleigh and I'm guessing that there are lots of junk car parts dealers here.

#34     Apr 3, 2009
  5. F7RZ*12A581*AA Wre Assembly

F7RZ*9D930*BBD Wire Assembly

Ford has one part, but not the other, and I need both. I've got it out to about 7 part scavengers - nothing. So, don't kill yourself.

I guess what happened with the recall was the insulation just disintegrates off the wires, and disintegrates the wires too. I've been driving the car. Smooth as silk. But it'll just quit and strand me at some point.

But, I know I've slammed Ford pretty good. I do want to say, the "Check Engine" light, works like a slave laborer! Flawless.

I simply look at this like GE Appliances and a lot of other corporations (Wall St. Brokers), as fat, slovenly business practices. Look at what it costs in ad dollars to bring someone in the door. What good is it to piss anyone off, when you could have taken the opportunity and made it right? AXP did a survey I'll bet 30 years ago. Please somebody, they'll tell three people. Screw them, they'll tell 11.

#35     Apr 3, 2009
  6. Then which part do they not have:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

#36     Apr 4, 2009
  7. Ford has the second, they told me. But they never offered it to me because they said I needed both. So I tried to get both from other sources..

#37     Apr 4, 2009
  8. #38     Apr 4, 2009
  9. Regarding the comments on rip off report. I had a GM Cadilllac similiar circumstance re a trnsmission defect, they had an extended warranty (but told no one) but the time and mileage limits were up when it failed. I took it to arbritration and won a new transmission but not the labor. It was better than nothing.

You might try that route.

#39     Apr 4, 2009
  10. Arbitration? Where? Never heard of it outside the Financial Industry.

#40     Apr 4, 2009