My Payback to Ford Motor Co.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by flytiger, Mar 31, 2009.

1. what's funny is, you make ignorant assumptions with no facts.

The car is ten years old. Garaged most of the time. Maintained to the max. It was a recall that they never notified meabout, where electrical insulation erodes the wiring. The internet is filled with such problems, and Ford walked away from it.

All I asked was for a part, or even a part number. I can get neither. Iwould take a fucking part number, go on the internet, and fix it myself. They won't give me a number.

So now, since it's spring, and a time for romance, go fuck yourself.

#11     Mar 31, 2009
  2. Ten years ago, fords were no damn good. You should have known that.

Now I get it. Somebody gave it to you.:D

#12     Mar 31, 2009
  3. I bought it from the kid of a friend of mine. That was the stupid thing. But what's the difference how or why? They make lousy cars and don't back them up.

#13     Mar 31, 2009
  4. I was just kidding you. You're right. It doesn't make any difference.
    Regards

#14     Mar 31, 2009
  5. #15     Mar 31, 2009
  6. I think my problem is the human one. think about how much money you have to spend to get one customer. And then, you spit in a guy's face. What's the diff if they have new technology, if they don't have the people to service the sell?

I had an AG tell me, "........it's the way Corporate Way." And we wonder why we're not competitive.

when I was a kid, my dad was a Chrysler guy, my Uncle a Ford guy. People had brand loyalties. Now, it's a crap shoot.

Just thought I shoot a little crap their way, and stimulate some conversation. That we did.

#16     Mar 31, 2009

7. I understand why you are not happy. You spend money with a company and they give you no respect. I would not like that too. But in the big picture, this company could be the leader is my question. For example if they become a leader in green cars, then the first to give incentives to buy, like big tax break or rebate. Could be big sales too in the future. You said loyalty to car makers, but people like to save money more than loyalty. Just looking for opinions to people who know about cars.

#17     Mar 31, 2009
  8. I OWNED:

Ford Probe - engine and tranny blew by 110K miles

FORD THUNDERBIRD - engine blew at 91,000 miles. REplacement was about the same as its book value''

CONCLUSION: I will stick with Hondas and Toyotas. I feel no guilt - my Honda was built in America with total labor costs that did not average $78 an hour.

Guess which has more resale value after 5 years - a Honda or a Ford?

#18     Mar 31, 2009
  9. I have a 1990 Honda Accord with 104,000 miles, all mine. Wonderful automobile. Spilled coffee on the dashboard and flooded the clock once. About a month later, the clock came back on its own. Damn thing fixes itself.

I'm getting a Pilot before Bam has us driving coffee cans with sails.

#19     Apr 1, 2009
  10. Fly,

You should post your request on auto parts forums. There must be somewhere on the net you could get the part number or assistance. Maybe Hemmings?

#20     Apr 1, 2009