My order was not filled at ISLAND

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by trend2009, Feb 7, 2020.

1. the bid and ask is 4.10X4.40, I submitted an hidden order to short 200 shares at $4.39, the order was sent to ISLAND. But when I looked at the Time and sale window on TWS, there were 400-share trades on ISLAND on 4.40, but my short at 4.39 was not filled, why? is that because my order is hidden on ISLAND?

my understanding is that hidden order is not shown, but if my price is better than NBBO on ISLAND, island has responsibility to fill my order first, then the NBBO price.

on ARCA, hidden orders work as I expect, my order will be filled first since my price is better.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  2. jharmon

jharmon

uptick rule?

3. d08

d08

They were possibly trying to match for the whole size, so no splitting of order to avoid the manipulation orders (1, 10, 20 shares).

guru, HobbyTrading and zdreg like this.
  4. qlai

qlai

Did you ask your broker?

5. amazing response here by the many pros at et

6. qaz

qaz

Your order is hidden and doesn't appear on the tape. If you go fishing and only throw in the fishing bait when you see the fish at the surface then you will only be able to catch the fishes near the surface. However if you throw in the line and wait you might be able catch a fish that you can't see(ie. hidden liquidity). I doubt IB submits and cancel orders to probe on your behalf.