My Options Play

Discussion in 'Options' started by Multioption, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iceman,

There's nothing that can make me touch a range bound stock like BBY, although with the possibility for uptrend. IMCL is in a bearish mode but seems to be getting ready to go North; how long the uptrend will last is unknown to me. IMCL and BBY are not in my good list, at least for now.

What are you expecting IMCL ad BBY to do?

#31     Oct 11, 2005
  2. Choad

Choad

More specifically, why PEET?

Looks sort of "cup and handle"ish to my (very) amateurish T/A eye (I don't use T/A, just price/stats data)?

Or is it the WSJ article?

Good luck on your $9K bet! (BTW, I see 42 contracts traded on the Oct 30s, so looks like Multi really is a trader :) )

C

#32     Oct 11, 2005
  3. 2 were mine, i saw his go through and thought i'd play along with the home game...

hehe also, i've had only a few trades signalled today in my own systems... wasn't there something about the devil and idle hands?

anyway, we'll see how this turns out!

- The New Guy

#33     Oct 11, 2005
  4. I've not put a stop loss on the PEET Oct 30 Call. I'm watching the intraday for a shift in trend mode; none has happened yet. I will update. :)

#34     Oct 11, 2005
  5. cool, hopefully i didn't torpedo your trade! ;)

- The New Guy

#35     Oct 11, 2005
  6. Multi, appreciate your insight into your option philosophy. I'm skeptical, but still front row. Seems you walk the walk.

If I could borrow your line there then I could write it:

My strategy after many years of MACD, Stochastics and other crappy strategies.........

(that’s only MY experience).

Give us a glimpse into the tech side, the stock side, if you will. That’s the fascinating part. Thanks.

#36     Oct 11, 2005
  7. st- looking for 35 on IMCL/47.50 on BBY

#37     Oct 11, 2005
  8. Hmmm. Did you say MACD is crappy? I think otherwise! MACD should not be used as a stand alone indicator, and should also not be used for entry signal. It's better used as a gauge! It informs me what is not likely to happen. It also butresses the existing trend.

Stochastic has its merits and demerits. For example, PEET daily chart is showing Stochastic (14, 3) at overbought level which may suggest to rookies and gullibe traders that the trend is due for correction/change. I wouldn't be surprised to see PEET drop 0.30 or more in response to Stochastic, but guess what? Short signal from Stochastic would not hold.

#38     Oct 11, 2005
  9. No, just that it doesn't seem to work for me. But I'm very open minded especially if it turns out to work for you. :)

#39     Oct 11, 2005
  10. OK, but why not?

#40     Oct 11, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.