My Options Play

Discussion in 'Options' started by Multioption, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. take a look at IMCL... tell me what u think so far as options plays..... I am long a 35 calendar... thinking about adding some Jan06 30 calls.

Also take a look at BBY... +Dec45c/- Oct45c

TYIA

Ice
    :cool:

#21     Oct 7, 2005
  2. esu2

esu2

So, you make $100 per contract
    if bby closes around 45, otherwise you lose $150?

#22     Oct 7, 2005
  3. wabrew

wabrew

I am one of many that will be watching - all of us expect you to post some of your thought processes to go along with your picks.

I just hope two things happen ......

1 - you are successful and we all learn something from this thread

2 - that the slammers and skepticks can just contain themselves long enough for you to do a few trades so we do not get bogged down in a bunch of wzkxqcmzzlkl !!!

#23     Oct 9, 2005
  4. wabrew

wabrew

Hey Multioption - you still there?

Does your strategy include buying put options?

No signals today?

Can you share the universe of stocks you follow?

#24     Oct 10, 2005
  5. wabrew is hooked.... :D

#25     Oct 10, 2005
  6. Wabrew,

My strategy after many years of ratio-backspread, butterflies and other crappy strategies were narrowed down to outright options; Calls, Puts, with adjustment if and when necessary.

I don't trade everyday or always; I do so when trading opportunities are available. I have enough experience both in trading and teaching to know that the bane of many traders is rooted in impatience (the-desire-to-trade-at-all-cost) . That's the primary reason I don't run subscription service to avoid constant pressure that many traders are know for.

Back in the late 90s, I used to trade the following: DELL, MSFT, IBM, MER, YHOO, ENE (Enron) and a few others, but I've divorced myself from them. I trade any stock with technical outlook that meets my criteria.

I prefer quality to quantity.

#26     Oct 11, 2005
  7. I'm looking at PEET, RL, and TRID Call options.

My thoughts:

PEET: This stock is like an airplane trying to take off. I won't be surprised if it climbs to 33+. Could also gap up!

RL: This stock is in bullish mode but currently retracing. The retracement may take the stock down to 51.50, 51.00, then 50.50 at worst, any bullish signal generated between these prices will trigger my order.

TRID: This stock could do one of two things but technical outlook favors uptrend with potentials for $2- $3 uptick!

#27     Oct 11, 2005
  8. Order placed:

Action: Buy to Open
    Options' symbol: .UKQJF (OCT 30 Call)
    Underlying security: PEET
    Entry Price: Limit 2.20 DAY
    # of contracts: 40
    Order Status: Filled at $2.20/contract

This is a risky trade considering the time left to expiration. My stop loss at 1.70 below the entry price.

#28     Oct 11, 2005
  9. Thanks for starting this thread multioption....

If nothing else, it should be fun to watch!

- The New Guy

#29     Oct 11, 2005
  10. anyone look at BBY or IMCL?

#30     Oct 11, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.