My old leisure machine monitor is shitting the bed.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Overnight, Jul 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overnight

Overnight

Well, the time has finally arrived for an upgrade/replacement.

The old monitor I have for my leisure PC is going through death throes. It's not even a backlight problem, it's some sort of motherboard problem inside the monitor. The thing turns on with the boot screen, but just slowly fades to white.

It is not the video card on the PC, verified with a different monitor.

It is a MAG innovision model 900w. 19" LCD, 16x9 format. Man, I really loved that screen. Alas, it must go away. But the thing is 15 years old! They don't make them like they used to!

It needs only a VGA output and nothing high performance, so here is what I am thinking for a replacement. Good reviews, but I hate the HP badge on it.

Anyone have thoughts on it?

2. mikeriley

mikeriley

I'm impressed you held for 15 years without
    buying new monitors. I think I have at least
    6 monitors gathering dust in a closet. All of them
    worked fine, but I'm addicted to buying bigger.

Present size is three LG 32 inch monitors. (1920x1080 HDMI VGA AMD FreeSync)

Hmm, maybe that curved wrap-around monitor is next.
    Looks good for gaming too.

3. terr

terr

32" VGA monitors are so cheap nowadays, there is no excuse to hang on to a 19" old one.

4. schizo

schizo

If your senile monitor is capable of only shitting on the bed, HP is endowed to much more. It can shit and eat it as well. Verdict: Stay away from that crap eater.

5. Overnight

Overnight

Oh, the only reason I need to stick with the 19" profile is because of limited desk space. Yes, if I had the room I would love a nice curved monitor 30+ Alas, it is what it is.

6. Overnight

Overnight

My monitor was not the Amber Heard-enhanced model.

Axon likes this.
  7. All of you are over doing trading with those many monitors and huge 32" monitors. Good riddance,

There's beauty and efficiency in simplicity.
    My advice to all traders....is to stop using complicated trading setups because you feel you have to and it looks cool and complicated.

Clear your desk of all of those electronics. and have just a modern notebook or tablet.
    You'd feel instantly reborn with a minimal setup. And have a clear mind, and positive outlook,

A great trader can produce magical profits beyond your dreams with just a tablet. You don't need 2, 3, 4+ huge monitors. Some food for thought,

Apple is truly a better brand. Buy an Ipad Pro and a MacBook Pro. It took me a really long time to admit it, because I am/was a hardcore, devout, Windows 98 and XP and PC and gaming and Bill Gates fan guy. But Apple is better.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Well, good for you! I was talking about my leisure PC, not trading PC.

Oy!

9. Overnight

Overnight

That line instantly brought me back to the thought of a member who used to be here...SOESwasbetter.

Whatever happened to him/her?

10. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

#10     Jul 9, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.