My official GOOG prediction

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by RunTrade, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

That's just classic.

Analyst explains why GOOG is worth $500 a shares after a big 3 week rally.

Then GOOG drops 20 points the next day.

#31     Nov 29, 2005
  2. I was one of the people who believed GOOG will hit $400 but not this quick and certainly not $500 by year's end. I think Yahoo and Google's price will have to converge a little bit.

I see GOOG around $380 by year's end.

#32     Nov 29, 2005
  3. Sold short today, avg price 403.22. The break under 400 was an entry signal for me. This is purely an intuitive trade that I admit I made impulsively. I like the prospects of GOOG going to 370 in the near term.

Anyway, Stop at 411 and profit target at 372.

I've been slapped hard shorting this bit-h before, how about some love this time around...

Mike

#33     Nov 30, 2005
  4. bigsid

bigsid

Google will turn on you like Frank Sinatra after two martinis.

#34     Nov 30, 2005
  5. #35     Nov 30, 2005
  6. WAWTU31

WAWTU31

Microsoft recently announced a broad company reorganization and an Internet initiative dubbed Live designed to help the company face serious challenges from upstarts like Google that are delivering software over the Internet.

#36     Dec 1, 2005
  7. WAWTU31

WAWTU31

Google CFO: Hiring Aggressively To Scale Up Company

NEW YORK -(Dow Jones)- Google Inc. (GOOG) is bolstering its position ahead of stiffer competition from Microsoft Corp. (MSFT), which has been mobilizing to go after Google on its Internet turf.

Speaking at an investor conference hosted by Credit Suisse First Boston, Google Chief Financial Officer George Reyes said the company's aggressive hiring efforts are, in part, designed to increase Google's size as it prepares to face off with a larger, wealthier rival - presumably a reference to Microsoft.

"Our objective is to get to substantial scale as quickly as possible," Reyes said, because that lets you "brace yourself to compete with anybody, within reason."

Reyes also said that Google's September secondary offering of stock was mainly designed to build "a defensive war chest" against competitors.

"The view of the management team, supported by the board, was there was at least one very large competitor that could inflict a lot of damage on us, and why not take the money when it was available to buffer any storm that might come downstream for us," he said.

The executive described the Microsoft challenge as one that's on the horizon, rather than a reality today. "We study and hear and see what Microsoft does, and so far there is not a lot that we've seen that caused us much angst," he said. Google, however, will be watching to see how the next version of Windows, dubbed Vista, and Microsoft's Web-browser initiative shape up.

#37     Dec 1, 2005
  8. Ouick stop out for me.

Oh well.

#38     Dec 1, 2005
  9. ES335

ES335

Good thing that there's a steady supply of trend faders such as yourself to keep the hot trends alive, fwiw, next time you feel like imposing your opinion on one of the planet's hottest trends, just close your eyes, shout "NONONONONONONONO No!" 10 times and remember that opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one, and just because you have one doesn't mean you can monetize it.

I think Vonage should run a commercial of a trend fader fading GOOG for its next campaign of "people do stupid things"
    Woo hoo, woo hoo hoo, woo hoo, woo hoo hoo, woo hoo, hoo hoo, woo hoo woo hoo hoo

#39     Dec 1, 2005
  10. Oh shut up , you speak like you've never lost out on a trade. At least the guy's smart enough to put a stop on his trade. No one's a 100% correct.

People like you who love to be right will be broke in no time.

#40     Dec 1, 2005