My nq price action method

Discussion in 'Journals' started by slugar, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Redneck

Redneck

This won't make sense to anyone other that Slugar

Slugar - I Sincerely Apologize to You Sir

RN

#561     May 6, 2014
  2. Redneck

Redneck

That zone also worked well for a range - agree??

Point being - be always adaptable - to price

RN

#562     May 6, 2014
  3. Following this thread RN and Slugar. Good stuff.

#563     May 7, 2014
  4. slugar

slugar

Thanks I'm learning a lot and trying to be patient with myself

#564     May 7, 2014
  5. slugar

slugar

No way you would know and I appreciate you being adamant about how we do this

#565     May 7, 2014
  6. Redneck

Redneck

Thank You Sir :)

RN

#566     May 7, 2014
  7. Redneck

Redneck

And I'm willing to stick here.., for as long as it takes..., and till it becomes second nature

Everything & anything else you plan to do / will ever accomplish - trading PA - is predicated on it (building proper context (which accurately reflects price) - then creating trading plans based on that context)

:)

RN

#567     May 7, 2014
  8. Handle123

Handle123

I remember the handful of years it took me to get to being a breakeven trader, the entries were more fun and I concentrated always on getting it the best, but they were wasted five years cause I concentrated on the getting in, what a fool I was back then. The money of the trading plan is where to get out and what is happening on each bar, and I was writing down in my journal what each bar meant.

I would often have one line why I got in and half page of what happened DURING the trade. What are you seeing? Try this, which I often did myself, I want YOU to teach ME how to trade, show me the whys of you getting in, but teach me what you see till trade is complete.

To me trading is about failing, finding out where other traders are failing and feeding them their contracts, where are they throwing up their hands and getting out cause that where I want to get in earniest. About the only time I do breakouts are on reversal type signals, look at it like a rubberband, stretch that puppy way out and I want to get in for the snap back, they usually offer smallest risk and if risk too great, wait for breakout and place entry limit where risk is less, has to fill in couple bars. Trend trades for me always meant that breakouts offered greatest risk and smallest profit cause price has to prove itself so much to show trend, so that why I prefer to wait for retracements against the trend to get in, often times risking 5-6 points in Nasdaq but seldom get stopped out. "Time", I don't have much patience, want the trade to show me it going my way after so many bars, otherwise am lookng to get out.

And failing is not a bad thing like so many think, they are opportunities to do again and do it right. Might take a few times of doing wrong, but I see it as one less way not to do it that way again. Failures to me are truely opportunities.

#568     May 7, 2014
  9. Redneck

Redneck

Many put little emphasis on entries (not sayin you H123)

To me.., entries are the very basis necessary for low risk trades

Exits (stop loss variety) ..., have to be where the set up (signal) fails – or.., if your skill is sufficient – once sediment changes… but price hasn’t yet retraced sufficiently to fail the signal

Then of course managing the trade – that is a whole arena unto itself

Many layers to this craft… many…, many

RN

#569     May 7, 2014
  10. Redneck

Redneck

Slugar

I want you to burn this into your brain - beyond any... shadow of a doubt

And make no mistake about how important it is

Losing well..., is the best trading skill I possess - period (and it took me losing a hellofalot of money to figure this out - not to mention the emotional bullshit I put myself through )

RN

#570     May 7, 2014