My nq price action method

Discussion in 'Journals' started by slugar, Sep 1, 2013.

1. How is your cumulative progress?
    Your charts are clearer by the day.

Gabe

#281     Jan 23, 2014
  2. slugar

slugar

not only did dbs channel mark the bottom but on the 4hr it marked the top also!

• 4hr.jpg
      4hr.jpg
      File size:
      109.8 KB
      Views:
    #282     Jan 24, 2014
  3. slugar

slugar

here is the 330 tick chart up until noon or so!

#283     Jan 24, 2014
  4. Handle123

Handle123

Trading on smaller timeframes than 60 minute, I have never been able to back-test well enough on "letting profits ride", nor have I ever built method where risk was less than reward that offered above average returns. Long term trading off weekly charts offer the homerun trades, but not day trading for me. I normally have to risk $100-$150 to get same amount, and even a little more in Russell, otherwise noise will too often stop out trades.

I use 60 minute charts on all markets, it is my little way to do "swing" trading. Have two signals to get in, entry on trendline and other is a breakout after price hits trendline. I normally risk $500 on these trades and seldom get stopped out.

#284     Jan 27, 2014
  5. slugar

slugar

Thanks Handle it looks loke the 50% line of the move down is holding prices for now!

#285     Jan 27, 2014
  6. slugar

slugar

Some trends today but kind of a choppy day

#286     Jan 28, 2014
  7. slugar

slugar

The more I observe and read what db is saying the more I realize that each trader must come up with his own method. At this point I feel confident my method will make money on a consistant basis and I feel ready to start trading. I am not comfortable holding through large retracements even if the main trend is up I will not hold through a retracement larger than the last swing low but will look to reenter as soon as my system tells me too.

#287     Feb 4, 2014
  8. slugar

slugar

So it's been awhile since my last post so
    I thought I would . I've been spending more time and reading wyckoff and following everyone who is using the SLA and I have to say it I've learned alot about the method but mostly how many different interpretations of the method there are. My humble opinion is that there are many ways to make money in the market but the sure way to go broke is not being able to admit when you are wrong and hoping the trade comes around and goes your way. My plan is not finished but I will BASE it around the SLA but it has to be mine if it's going to work. I don't think this approach can be mechanical but I can write my own rules to follow.

#288     Feb 25, 2014
  9. slugar

slugar

If you look at the 1 minute on the qqq over the last 5 trading days there were alot of shares changing hands between $90.10-$90.20 so it shouldn't be a suprise we are testing that level.

#289     Feb 25, 2014
  10. slugar

slugar

how I saw today

#290     Feb 25, 2014